Connecting people through beauty and innovation.
The award-winning team at GGLO seeks a talented Project Landscape Architect II for our Seattle location.
GGLO is a design practice for architecture, urban design, landscape architecture, and interior design with offices located in Boise, Los Angeles, and Seattle. We work as a single, collaborative studio focused on connecting people through beauty and innovation. We create projects which are visionary, contextually appropriate, and culturally resonant.
About the Role
The Project Landscape Architect II is a key technical member in the success and delivery of project work, facilitating and coordinating landscape architectural services with aligned disciplines. A GGLO Project Landscape Architect (PLA) has the technical responsibility for executing the design concept of a project through construction documents. For this, the PLA must understand and keep an eye on the big picture, while simultaneously being entrenched in the details. The success of a project, starting from concept through construction relies on the clarity, completeness, accuracy, and overall quality of our project documents. The PLA must coordinate the many aspects of a project to achieve the desired result – great design delivered through great document sets. This role will take responsibility for production and coordination associated with projects, including providing direction to the project team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Design Execution/Team Management
- Demonstrate understanding of the larger context and impact of design
- Understand the implications and timing of the overall project schedule
- Collaborate with the Principal, Design Lead and Project Manager (PM) to develop, manage and coordinate project work
- Communicate effectively with Principal, Project Manager, Project Designer, and other internal stakeholders
- Effectively advance and explore design opportunities offered by each project
- Demonstrate the utilization of a clear and open process for solving problems
- Guide production team tasks and goals for meeting document development standards and deadlines
- Effectively perform work requiring independent judgment and problem-solving
- Possess knowledge of the phases of the design process and construction
- Possess knowledge of materials and detailing
- Act as coach and mentor for other landscape architects and production staff
- Possess knowledge and understanding of sustainable design practices and certification programs
- Effectively research and understand building and zoning codes and regulations governing the industry
- Review consultant drawings for technical accuracy and coordination
- Understand, produce and coordinate specifications
- Develop a complete understanding of the GGLO quality management process and procedures
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the BIM Execution Plan in order to support BIM Lead
- Participate in Quality Management reviews for projects in the Boise/Mountain West office
- Assist PM in communication with internal and external stakeholders such as clients, contractors
- Oversee team coordination with contractors, consultants, and authorities having jurisdiction
- Advise project teams and client groups on the effective implementation of project design strategies and delivery methods
- Understand the scope of work and coordinate the consultant team
- Manage time and priorities and communicate them to the project team
Professional Knowledge & Experience
- Experience in our core markets
- General knowledge of sustainable design core concepts including material and plant selection, resource conservation, and synergies with other disciplines
- Experience with the production of Design Communication packages
- Deep Knowledge of the phases of the design process and construction
- Capable of overseeing own work with some oversight
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and be flexible
- Experience with being a part of a collaborative, integrated team structure for all phases of work
- Ability to explore design three-dimensionally
- General knowledge of materials and detailing, specifications
- General knowledge and understanding of standards, codes, and accessibility requirements
- Knowledge of computer software including Revit, Rhino, SketchUp, AutoCAD, and Adobe Creative Cloud
- LEED accreditation preferred
- Licensed Landscape Architect
- College Degree from an accredited Landscape Architecture program or equivalent
- 10-15 years of cumulative experience in a professional design or Landscape Architecture office setting
- Proven history of excellent interpersonal, leadership, communication, and presentation skills
- Long-term authorization to work in the United States
We offer a stimulating and exciting team-oriented design environment where our employees are challenged to bring their best creative spirit to their work. We offer mentorship programs, focus on equity and professional development, and a collaborative, supportive environment. We take great pride in working together both in person and remotely to deliver the highest-quality design solutions for our clients and leading innovative design into the future. We support a flexible work environment with a mobile phone subsidy, laptop, peripherals, and software provided. Our workplace is respectful, with teams that thrive on engagement, learning, and innovation. Our new, healthy office is designed with employee input to promote wellness and community.
We offer paid licensure and industry memberships, professional development, mentorship programs, and a collaborative environment.
We offer a generous benefits package including fully paid employee Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance, plus a 401K with an employer match program, generous paid time off including nine holiday days of your choice, transit program, wellness program, annual discretionary Profit-Sharing 401K contributions, as well as an annual discretionary bonus opportunity.
You can learn more about GGLO and apply for this position by visiting our careers page at www.GGLO.com or clicking on the Apply button if visible. We look forward to hearing from you!
GGLO, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and maintaining an inclusive culture.
This is an exempt salaried position with a range of $80,000-$108,000 annual salary based upon factors including but not limited to your experience, knowledge, and skillset.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.