Website Pland Collaborative
Well designed. Well Pland.
Pland Collaborative is a full-service landscape architecture and planning firm based in Albuquerque, NM with a branch office in Lubbock, TX. We are a forward-looking team that seeks to bring public awareness and innovation to the design of outdoor spaces in our changing world. We employ a holistic approach from initial concepts to final details, ensuring sophisticated, integrated solutions for even the most complex projects.
We seek a qualified and motivated applicant for a full-time CAD and Technology Manager position. As the CAD and Technology Manager, you will assume the combined roles of CAD management, technical guidance and training, in-house IT troubleshooting (coordinated with our IT service provider), and holistic management of the firm’s design equipment, production capability, and quality for both our Albuquerque and Lubbock offices. You will also assist with direct project support as time allows.
• Oversee and periodically audit the work of CAD users, making sure that drawings are legible and professional and adhere to NCS, Pland Collaborative, and other applicable client standards.
• Assist firm leaders with identifying and resolving common and recurring QC issues in Construction Documents.
• Maintain the Standard Specifications Library.
• Manage, update, develop, and improve office CAD libraries and templates.
• Establish standards and best practices for productivity across all software and hardware.
• Provide continuous review of the CAD process workflow to identify improvements and enhancements.
• Provide AutoCAD training.
• Develop and manage training program for all software (modeling, GIS, graphics & visualizations, and hardware, including the scheduling of training by other team members.
• Maintain the CAD Standards/Training Manual.
• Learn the team’s individual strengths, building on their weaknesses through training and mentoring.
• Update and upgrade CAD and other applications.
• Update firmware and software for other equipment (iPads, monitors, cameras, drones, etc.).
• Manage, update, research, procure, and upgrade software licenses, subscriptions, and operations.
• Maintain annual budget of software expenditures.
• Stay up to date with the latest software, tools, and industry trends and make recommendations for software upgrades or improvements.
• Maintain annual budget of equipment expenditures.
• Ensure that computers, peripherals, printers and plotters are in good condition and operation.
• Manage consumables and maintenance contracts with vendors for printers and plotters.
• Manage current and surplus equipment inventory.
• Recycle old equipment.
• Research and procure new equipment.
• Advanced skills in AutoCAD with experience in construction document production.
• 5+ years of experience is preferred but not required.
• Degree in drafting, landscape architecture, or a related design field.
• Proficiency with MS Office software.
• Proficiency with GIS, Adobe Creative Suite, and other design software is preferred but not required.
This is an in-person position at our Albuquerque office, with remote support of our branch office in Lubbock.
Located in Downtown Albuquerque, our studio is bright and open for collaboration and teamwork. We value hard work, but also like to play. We offer competitive compensation and benefits based on capabilities and experience. Please send resume to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org