Website True Nature
The success of a project depends on teamwork
We are a small Santa Barbara Landscape Architectural practice seeking a highly motivated and talented individual to join our team and provide project management, landscape design, and drafting services. Our focus is design of water-wise and fire-wise, resource-efficient landscapes and habitat restoration. We seek to create beautiful places that respect natural ecological processes, conserve resources, promote healthy watersheds, and bring the joy and peace of nature to people’s environments. Our practice includes a dynamic mix of commercial, university, public, and residential projects. We strive to foster a fun, creative, professional work environment. Our office is fast-paced and offers a high diversity of project types and the chance to practice in many areas of the profession. We bring passion, enthusiasm, and attention to detail to our projects.
This is ideally a full-time position, but hours can be flexible for the right person or depending on work load. A 9/80 work schedule is possible. We are a PC-based office.
The ideal team member would possess the following skills and abilities:
- 3-5 years of experience working in the Landscape Architecture field, with experience designing water-wise, fire-wise, sustainable landscapes.
- BA or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture required (accredited program).
- Must have project management experience, the ability to multi-task, and experience working in a professional office preparing landscape architectural plans.
- Licensure not required, but employee activities leading to licensure would be supported and encouraged.
- AutoCAD 2016 experience a must; LandF/X and /or Vectorworks, Sketchup, Adobe Creative Suite experience ideal.
- Creative, inquisitive, organized self-starter with a positive attitude and the ability to solve problems independently, but know when to ask for help.
- Enjoy collaboration and working as a team, being open to input and able to work and communicate well with others.
- Knowledge of California native plants and adapted Mediterranean plants, familiarity with sustainable design and ecological principles. 3 years minimum experience with designing landscape planting plans.
- Knowledge of grading, drainage, LID principles, and water collection desired.
- Experience with irrigation design, or the interest to grow skills to draft and learn irrigation design.
- Experience with creating base files from measured field data or consultant-provided surveys, identifying plant species, and accurately documenting existing features.
- Strong, creative design skills incorporating climate appropriate plantings and materials.
- Experience converting conceptual level plans into construction documents.
- Experience with multi-disciplinary, complex x-ref structured drawing files.
- Knowledge of common construction methods and experience with hardscape design; ability to design hardscape, research materials, and accurately draft details.
- Good presentation graphic skills and clean, clear drafting style.
- Experience with habitat restoration, and/or native plant identification a plus.
- Attention to detail, motivation, and ability to collaborate are critical.
True Nature Benefits include Employer 3% match optional IRA plan, Employer-sponsored Medical with optional Vision & Dental coverage, paid vacation, holiday, and sick days.
If you would like to join our team, please send a cover letter describing your availability and skills, with a resume, portfolio, and work references (all under 10MB).
To apply for this job email your details to Kim@TrueNatureDesign.com