Website WGM Group
Community values. Inspired futures.
WGM Group is seeking a Landscape Architect to join our dynamic engineering, planning and design firm in the vibrant Northern Rockies. WGM Group is a comprehensive multi-disciplinary engineering firm including civil planning & design, survey, environmental and natural resource management. This role may be located in any of our office locations in Bozeman, Kalispell, Missoula. In this position, you will coordinate landscape architecture and planning projects in the preparation, design, review and analysis of landscape plans and specifications encompassing a range of residential, mixed-use, and commercial developments, parks and recreational facilities, transportation corridors, and nature areas.
Please provide portfolio examples(s) along with your resume.
Role & Responsibilities:
As an integral player in our firm, you will:
- Oversee and manage all aspects of landscape architecture projects including technical, business, and administrative to deliver projects on schedule and on budget. This includes developing project management plans, overseeing the development of schematic designs, design development, construction details, construction documents, and specifications, managing project resources, maintaining excellent client communications, and conducting QA/QC reviews.
- Prepare, review, and stamp landscape architecture plans according to agency guidelines and requirements.
- Perform and supervise analyses of design and planning studies including conceptual plan studies, design development, presentation graphics, freehand sketches, and base map preparation.
- Conduct and record field investigations to evaluate existing conditions, analyze existing reports and data, take field measurements, and identify constraints and opportunities for development.
- Prepare presentations and present project plans or designs to community members and stakeholders, such as government agencies or community groups. Present projects to local governing bodies such as the Planning Board and City Council.
- Collaborate with engineers, planners, architects, and agency staff to produce a design that conforms to regulatory requirements, provides value to the client, and provides a sustainable and resilient design.
- Provide construction administration duties such as on-site inspections, punch list observation, and installations to assure adherence to final plans and details. Manage the work of subcontractors to ensure quality of materials and work; advise clients or construction personnel as appropriate.
- Develop strategies, coordinate teams, and write proposals for public project solicitations.
As a valued member of our team, you will have at a minimum:
- A bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture from an accredited LAAB program.
- At least 5 years of job-related experience in landscape architecture.
- Licensed as a Landscape Architect in the State of Montana, or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Advanced knowledge of the principles and practices of landscape architecture; drafting procedures and practices; planting and construction materials and appropriate usage in the design and implementation of landscape projects.
- Extensive knowledge and skill of illustrative design techniques.
- Demonstrated experience and skill in project budgeting, project QA/QC and oversight.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with clients to create continual workflow.
- Advanced proficiency in both 2D and 3D in software programs, which include AutoCAD, Land F/X, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Sketchup, and Lumion.
- Strong master planning, visionary and design skills with the ability to express the design verbally and graphically.
- Knowledge and understanding of local zoning codes.
Compensation & Benefits Package:
WGM Group promotes a healthy work-life balance, offering both flexible and hybrid work schedules. In addition, WGM provides hourly pay to all employees; all hours worked over 40/week are eligible for overtime compensation.
WGM offers full-time employees a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, flex spending accounts, retirement savings plan (401K) with matching contributions, generous PTO, holiday pay, and a bonus and profit-sharing incentive.
WGM Group supports the professional development of employees by helping to offset professional licensing and offering education cost assistance for training and continuing education programs.
About WGM Group:
For over 50 years, WGM Group has helped create healthy communities, improved the natural environment, and enhanced regional infrastructure by working with our trusted partners in both the government and private sectors. WGM Group is a great place to work thanks to the commitment to service demonstrated by the people we hire and the spirit of teamwork which is an integral part of the work environment.
WGM Group is committed to the communities in which we do business. We contribute a portion of our profits to making our communities a better place to live. The company is founded on the principles of hard work and professional competence, while striving to create a fun and enjoyable workplace.
WGM Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. WGM Group complies with all state and federal non-discrimination laws including Title VII of the Civil Rights act of 1964 as amended and the new Americans with Disabilities Act. In compliance with the Immigration Reform Act of 1986, new employees must provide proof of identity and authorization to work in the U.S.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.