Website Wight & Company
A pioneer in Design & Delivery, Wight & Company provides integrated Architectural, Engineering and Construction services for the built environment. For more than 80 years, our firm has helped clients create exceptional, enduring buildings and spaces and has been rated by the Chicago Tribune as one of Chicago’s Top Workplaces! Our mission is to implement projects that holistically embrace sustainable design principles. We are currently seeking motivated entry-level Landscape Architect interested working on various projects types from the early planning stages through construction administration, with a focus on park and recreation, education and municipal markets. The ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture from accredited university
• 0-4 years of professional landscape architecture experience with a focus on public and recreation markets.
• Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with Architects, Landscape Architects and Civil Engineers.
• Must be outgoing, organized and possess strong written and verbal skills.
• Proficient in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite; knowledgeable in GIS and Revit a plus.
• Strong technical skills, including schematic design, hardscape detailing, grading and construction documentation.
• Ability to assist on projects from design development through construction administration under the review of a senior supervisor.
• Experience with ornamental and native plants of the Midwest and a basic understanding of LEED is required.
• Strong hand rendering, digital graphic skills and cost estimating a plus.
Wight & Company offers excellent benefits and a wonderful work environment. For more information about our company, visit our website at www.wightco.com.
Wight & Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Wight & Company values diversity in our workforce. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting people with disabilities and veterans. If you need an accommodation to assist with completing the electronic application, please call us at 630.969.7000 and ask to speak with a Human Resources representative.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.