Asia/China – Contacts

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Bård Magnus
    Participant

Hello

I’m interessted in getting in touch with landscape architects and urban planners who have been working in Eastern Asia and especially in China – that is Hong Kong, Shanghai, Hangzhou, Beijing, Tianjin. Anyone with experience and contacts in companies working there.

Send PM.

landplanner
    Participant

Bard:

If your motivation for posting this is to start networking for job opportunities in Eastern Asia, particularly China, be advised those opportunities have diminished greatly in the last six months, and most who know from direct experience, would say that is an understatement. In case you have not been paying attention, the national economy in China, and therefore the global one it inextricably linked to, are very wobbly and unsteady right now. 

If you can’t speak Mandarin and have no previous and recent project history in China, your chances of finding a serious employment prospect are about equal  right now to seeing the Great Wall being extended as China’s newest idea for an infrastructure project. 

That being written, yes I have a good network of contacts there, since I am “in country” but I won’t immediately hook-you-up with them unless I know what your intent is. 

Xpat Larki
    Participant

Amen.

Sofia Castelo
    Participant

Hi Bard,

I am working in Shanghai, you can ask me what you want to know.

Best regards,

Sofia

Tyler C
    Participant

Hi Bard,

I have been in Shanghai for a couple years now.

Message me if you want to discuss anything.

Take care

Tyler

I worked for a firm in Beijing for 7 months then Shanghai for another 6. I’m moving to HK in January without a job but I should be able to find one. Email me with any questions. I have a 2 friends that recruit for the design industry in China.

Fred

fpgdoyle@gmail.com

US Cell: 919-946-2255

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register