ASLA or LA tee shirts

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Trace One
    Participant

Got a birthday for a friend coming up – anybody got any good ideas for an LA t-shirt..? do we have ASLA t-shirts? (she is ASLA, passed the exam on ONE try, eat that all you whiners! hee hee..I’ve never taken it..the exam..so I am qualified to throw stones..)

: ) 

thanks…

Andrew Spiering
    Participant

Hey Trace One,

Congratulations to your friend! Check out some of our tees in the Land8 Shop. Let me know what you think…

Thanks,
    Andrew

Jason T. Radice
    Participant

You know, ASLA used to have schwag like hardhats, shirts, and balcaps and the like. I just went to their website and I don’t see it there anymore. I know I got a brass lapel pin from them and a sticker. I did find the OLD webpage using Google:

http://www.asla.org/nonmembers/logowear.htm

You might want to call them to see if they still have the stuff. Also, many chapters produce things from time to time, so you might want to contact them. Potomac had shirts for sale at the convention, but they were specific to the convention (had DC2010 on them).

I think it would be nice if ASLA had sme cheap things like stickers (I have one on my drawing transport tube), or small stickers for you own hardhats ( I only where white, the color of the architect/manager- and it’s shiny and spotless showing I do absolutely NO manual labor, hahahaha) or things like tie-tacks, the lapel pins, or other trinkets. Perhaps something cheap like the stickers when you renew every year

Trace One
    Participant

Thanks, Jason, that is just what I am thinking of.. Seems like an opportunity for an out of work enterpreneur (?sp?) to make some money, although not with LA logo..I have a friend who made his first big bucks selling t-shirts..I’m gonna try to track that link down..

Andrew Garulay, RLA
    Participant

Congratulations that you have a friend.

Why not make it really personal and design your own? Get some of that tee shirt transfer paper for your inkjet. They don’t last forever, but they are fun and easy to do. All you need to do is make whatever graphic you want either on the computer (or scan hand work) and print it.

PS. don’t use it in one of those CalTrans laser jets. It needs to be an inkjet or it will be a mess.

Ryan C. Deane
    Participant

At Umass we made shirts and sold them to benifit our Student ASLA Chapter. Obviously we photoshopped out MANHATTAN and dropped in LAND ARCH instead… I’m sure there’s a copyright infringement somewhere in there, but they sold like hotcakes.

Just an idea… Something a little more fun.

Theodore Tegen
    Participant

Nice!

Trace One
    Participant

ok, this is an open site to ridicule me – I can take it! Perhaps I can draw some fire and cyncism from other site..

I did make my own t-shirts once – each individually hand painted, I made about 30 of them, and tried to sell them for $25 each at the National Arboretum in Wash. D.C. at some kind of crafts fair..Everything around me was priced below $5…My old parents sat there with me the whole day, intrepid to the last..hee hee..Just reminded me..
    enough of that..

Jason T. Radice
    Participant

I’ve never seen anything anywhere near $5 at any type of sale I went to there!

Trace One
    Participant

go figure, Jason, I can’t tell you any more other than it was in the early nineties, the Arboretum was new – I didn’t check it out very much before signing up for a ‘booth’, and was shocked at the flea market stuff myself..Didn’t sell a single t-shirt needless to say…

Andy Verdeyen
    Participant

Don’t know if you are looking for a RLA shirt or just some cool Landscape Architect shirts but cafepress.com has some good ones. Follow the link below. (it looks like cafepress does Land8’s shirts also.)

http://shop.cafepress.com/landscape-architect

Zach Watson
    Participant

Best comment I have seen on this website, “passed the exam on ONE try, eat that all you whiners! hee hee” haha that one made me LOL. 🙂

Trace One
    Participant

Man, that’s IT, Andy! Muchas Gracias!

earthworker
    Participant

Trace, you may be qualified to throw stones but you are not qualified to have ‘Landscape Architect’ in your ‘TITLE’ if you have not passed the exam…… has California changed their requirements for a Landscape Architect? Unless a person has passed the LARE, they are a landscape designer or some other type of professional. Just being nit picky 🙂

earthworker
    Participant

Agreed, Henry. This subject has been discussed on this site before but it still baffles and infuriates me that some in this field demand respect and recognition for the profession yet want to take shortcuts to earning the professional title. This attitude serves nothing except to dilute the profession and confuse the general public as to the difference between a landscape designer, landscape architect or landscaper (……especially hate the last label).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register