Best Tablet for Landscape Architecture/Design Use

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums TECHNOLOGY Best Tablet for Landscape Architecture/Design Use

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    dan paul
    Participant

I am sold on the Microsoft Surface Pro if it can run Sketchup

tiequan
    Participant

I use the XP-Pen Artist 24 Pro graphics tablet with display and it does make a world of difference in workflow. This model is the 24″ widescreen version and would be perfect for architectural design. The larger the tablet the better really.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by tiequan.
    J. Nielsen
    Participant

When My MacBook Pro fried its third logic card (after 11 years of fairly hard use) I replaced it with an 12.9″ IPad Pro and an older Mac Pro (tower). one of the cool features with Mac is the easy ability to pass documents between machines with AirDrop. So a sketch or photo that I drew over on site can be dropped onto desktop without a thumbstick or cable. Nice feature.

I have read about the Wacom vs the Tablet and I believe this is an apples vs oranges argument. I have a 21″ wacom cintiq attached to my tower and at 20+ pounds it is not portable. the resolution is decent, but not remotely as good as the IPad. Both have a purpose and both serve those purposes well.

As for apps, I run the following:

ProCreate – graphic arts app that works in layers, much like Photoshop, but has a much more hand drawn aesthetic.
    Paper – a very simple sketching app that is great for doing napkin sketches with a client
    Trace – a digital replacement for trace paper. good for rapid iterations

I typed this earlier and tried to attach photos, but it dumped the whole response. I’ll try to post a photo separately.

J. Nielsen
    Participant

ProCreate App

ProCreate App

J. Nielsen
    Participant

Paper App

Paper App

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register