Can anyone speak to the reputation of or experiences with the MLA program at ohio State?

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums EDUCATION Can anyone speak to the reputation of or experiences with the MLA program at ohio State?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dan Barbato
    Participant

in addition to my earlier inquiry regarding other schools, I’d like to add this one. I’m headed out there to visit soon, just wondered if anyone had anything to say about the graduate MLA, or even undergraduate program at ohio state. Tough to get much info on it out here in NY. They offered me a pretty sweet deal, one that can’t be matched by ESF or Cornell here in NY. just lookin for some info. Thanks!

nca
    Participant

Eddie George, the NFL player graduated from the with a BLA.

I’ve met some good people from that program over the past few years. From what I hear it’s a good program. I’m not sure if they’re breaking any new ground or what though..

Bradley Cantrell
    Participant

The program is strong, Jane Amidon is the current chair and she is a forward looking landscape architect and accomplished academic. They also have the help of Jason Kentner and Sarah Cowles who add a lot of depth and vitality to the program. The Knowlton School of Architecture has good resources (computing/design library/fabrication) and the studio spaces are really great. I have a lot of respect for the program and the faculty.

Of course if you want to come down south LSU offers an unbeatable program. 🙂

nca
    Participant

We had Jane Amidon lecture at CSU last year. I didnt realize she was from Ohio, I thiught she was from Austin. She’s smart.

Andrew Garulay, RLA
    Participant

Very reputable. I worked for two (the) OSU LAs and the LA department head at the university (Idaho) that I went to is an MLA from OSU.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register