Cities with LA Positions

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I am the Senior Landscape Architect for a City of +/- 60k people.

What Cities have this position? Anyone else hold this position?

I think our challenges are unique and I’d be interested in talking to others who hold this position. I’d be interested to know if there are any unique forums for City LA’s; mailing lists, publication, etc.

Anyone know? Thanks!

Mark Di Lucido
    Participant

I work for a city of 65k. Though I’m an RLA, my focus is administration of community design and redevelopment. This includes public art, beautification and some landscape architecture. I started a ‘group’ called ‘Community Design & Redevelopment’ but so far I’m the only member

Wyatt Thompson, PLA
    Participant

I am Park Planner for a city of around 55K in the midwest, and as such, the only landscape architect on staff. I oversee planning, design, and construction administration of facilities within the purview of the Parks and Recreation Department, which encompasses parks and recreation facilities, of course, as well as a zoo, two cemeteries, and numerous other public facilities and open spaces. I also participate cross-departmentally in design reviews for new developments, streetscape and drainage projects, etc. I know several LAs around the country who work in municipal or county Parks or Public Works departments, under various titles related to planning, stormwater and erosion control, project coordinator, bike-ped coordinator, etc. I am not aware of any resources specifically for municipal landscape architects, but it seems like a good PPN through ASLA if there are enough of us. I’d be happy to talk with you more here or PM.

Andrew Garulay, RLA
    Participant

Join LinkedIn and start a group – just limit it to city LAs, or you’ll just get the same repetition as the other groups.

Chupacabra
    Participant

Anchorage (pop. 300k) has 3-4 LAs on staff, split between facilities, parks&rec, etc.  I think the superintendent of parks&rec is an LA as well.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register