Comparable playground surfacing to Landscape Structures stuff?

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums DETAILS & MATERIALS Comparable playground surfacing to Landscape Structures stuff?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michael V Volpe
    Participant

Hello All,

Does anyone use a flexible interlocking mat system for residential playground use, other than Landscape Structures products?

It is a small area, and the budget is tight.

The client is in upstate NY.

I have found a couple generic rubber mat suppliers online but if someone has a recommendation ill gladley look them up.

Thanks in advance,

Mv

Tosh K
    Participant

We’re using Surface America’s poured surfacing (lot’s of colors); advantage being it’s flexible in terms of shapes, the disadvantage is having to hire a licensed installer.  The tiles we’ve used are ecore and playguard (best for rectangular spaces), the advantage is the easy install, the disadvantage is there is a bit of frost heave issue.

hope this helps.

Michael V Volpe
    Participant

I am in touch with Surface America now through my contact at Parkitecs here in ny, and good point on the frost heave, 

Thanks for your help Tosh.

Cheers

Adam Alix
    Participant

Hi Mv,

Another product worth looking into is our SofTILE DuraSAFE product.  SofSurfaces has been manufacturing playground safety tiles for over 20 years.  We have the most comprehensive warranties and offer the best balance between durability and fall protection (as per ASTM 1292-09).  Fee free to visit our website at http://www.sofsurfaces.com for more information.

P.S. On a side note, SofSurfaces is approved through ASLA to provide a learning sessions regarding playground surfacing for CEU’s.  If you feel that this may be of interest to you please do not hesitate to ask. We can offer the session either “in-class” or via a webinar.

emaiL alixa@sofsurface.com, ph# 800-263-2363 ext 333

Regards,

Adam

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register