Determination a Sites Aestheic Values

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums STORY BOARD Determination a Sites Aestheic Values

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Keith A. French
    Participant

I am putting this out for input and advice.

My Church is being detrimentally impacted by City and Electric Utility Actions.

The Church  in on the SW corner of 2 main thoroughfares in the City of Wichita, KS.

The City is going to widen the Street on the West, moving the R/W 15 feet east. The Utility is also moving its power lines 15 ‘ east placing the easterly side of their requested easement 16’ from the church’s westerly face. These actions require the removal of two Pin Oaks at present our only shade for hot summer sun.

And because the power line lines are so close to the building face we will not be able to plant any tree of sufficient size to shade our building, or for that matter provide the ability to provide a reasonably attractive landscape treatment.

On the North the utility is likewise asking for a 10′ easement which will remove to existing tree and place power lines that will again limit our ability to landscape.

The City and Utility will reimburse for the Taking and for the Removal of the Trees. But fall way South of the Detrimental impact on the aesthetic value of the Church property. making it feel like a Strip Mall.

Has any one any similar case studies or have you ever had the opportunity to determine the Aesthetic Value of a Site

Keith A. French
    Participant

For those interested in this I suggest a review of the following:

Author and Citation Information for “The Concept of the Aesthetic”

The latest version of the entry “The Concept of the Aesthetic” may be cited via the earliest archive in which this version appears:

Shelley, James, “The Concept of the Aesthetic”, The Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy (Fall 2013 Edition), Edward N. Zalta (ed.), URL = <http://plato.stanford.edu/archives/fall2013/entries/aesthetic-concept/&gt;.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register