FL Section Preparation for LArch Licensing

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE FL Section Preparation for LArch Licensing

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Edward M. Beidel
    Participant

I recently moved to Central Florida from MD and within the last week received authorization to be able to sit for the FL section of the licensing examination. As you can see from my profile, I have been practicing for over 30 years and currently licensed in 4 states and hold CLARB certification. I was a little surprised that I did not receive any other instructions, directions, references or recommendations for the FL section when I received the authorization notice. For those of you who have gone through a similar relocation to FL, what are sources of information in preparing for the FL section of the exam. For the application fee that is submitted, I would think that an applicant would receive more than one piece of paper from the State Board of Landscape Architects unless additional information is forthcoming. Advice and direction is very much appreciated. Ed Beidel

Mark Lerch
    Participant

I found the DEP website very helpful. You will also need to be very familiar with many of the statutes. Not just the ones that regulate licensure but also lighting on beaches, walkway width clearance at bus stops, importation of nursery plants from out of state, sand fencing, etc. If you go the DBPR website there is a very detailed list of topics you can expect to find on the test as well as a reference list to help you study. Good luck.

Edward M. Beidel
    Participant

Thanks Mark for the advice.

Robert Haught
    Participant

Ed,
    I was in same boat 4 years ago, i moved down from Ohio. I actually believe that i got the wrong test the first time. All the questions were about irrigation (pump wiring)and plants in a green house? The next time i took it, it was correct and not a problem. I am trying to find my study material for you.

I can tell you , to go to the DEP website and get the papers on coastal dune managment. When i find the material I will contact you again.

Edward M. Beidel
    Participant

Thanks Robert. That is a very kind offer. Look forward to future correspondence. Ed

Andrew Hill
    Participant

Good Morning Ed….I am in a similar situation and I am looking for materials or a discussion with someone about Section F for the FL exam. Did you find any information worth sharing and have you taken the exam? I need to pass first go around and would like to discuss the test with someone that has taken it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Andrew Hill
    704-927-9700
    andrew.hill@cardnotbe.com

Andrew Hill
    Participant

Hi Robert, did you ever send any information to Ed? I wold like to get a copy if possible. I have been to the DEP webpage and the length of study material is overwhelming. A person would need to study for 6 months with that amount of material. Any assistance would be great.

Ed, if you are able to attend the Florida ASLA conference this weekend, there are LARE review classes being taught, and I believe the Florida Section is a focus. Best of luck.

Todd

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register