Graduate Degrees: Social and Ecological focused

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Graduate Degrees: Social and Ecological focused

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Sand
    Participant

Does anyone have any good recommendations for a School that offers a Masters in a field similar to Landscape Architecture (or LA is acceptable), with a program that focuses on Social function of the landscape as well as Ecology.  I already have my BSLA and am passionate mainly about the role of the landscape in the social/community concern realm.

I understand Walter Hood as one main designer with such a focus and he is at Berkley.  Anyone else have any other ideas?

Maybe this is a good chance to share even just the grad school you went to and what the focus was.

(ex.: Colorado State University BSLA = development of conceptual design and production expression)

nca
    Participant

Penn?

McHarg + Corner.

Tosh K
    Participant

UC Berkley (Walter is definitely awesome – had him in a couple of reviews) and U of MN are particularly keen on social aspects.

I went to UVA and they do a good mix of ecological design (recently thru our new chair Kristina Hill) and have had a strong social function emphasis throughout.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register