Green roof irrigation for a multi-story building – California

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums TECHNOLOGY Green roof irrigation for a multi-story building – California

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kimberly True
    Participant

I’m wondering how you irrigate a green roof as far as getting the water up there and where the best place to put the valve is. I have two four-story green roof projects, and I have the MEC bringing copper pipe supply for irrigation up to the roof. I would think to get the diaphragm to actuate you need to get the valve up on the roof so the pressure isn’t an issue (and you’re not having to run a bunch of lines up for multiple systems)? Would the wire then have to run back down through the building to the controller? Has anyone used a wireless valve in this situation? Owners want only one controller in both projects. I’ve only dealt with one-story green roofs and had the valve on the ground, so this stuff wasn’t an issue. If anybody would be willing to share how they dealt with this, I’d appreciate it. In one case I’m dealing with recycled water, and in the other it’s potable required to have a separate connection from the building potable by the local water district. Thank you!!!!

Kimberly True
    Participant

Henry, thank you for taking the time to look! I really appreciate it.

Have you by chance had any experience with the modular tray system roofs? If so, do you have any thoughts on them versus a ‘standard’ green roof?

Ryan A. Waggoner
    Participant

hey henry, which modular system have you used in the past?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register