I’m a landscape architecture student from the university of Edinburgh and I am conducting some research into professional practice abroad and emerging trends in landscape design in different countries.
If any landscape professionals (or students) have some experience they wouldn’t mind sharing, I would be extremely grateful as I’m trying to get as many perspectives as possible- any information you have would be valuable to me.
Below is a few basic questions.
If you wouldn’t mind adding first a little about yourself and current employment, that would be great!
– What are your experiences (positive and negative) of working in a design practice with overseas projects?
– What are the attitudes and efforts towards sustainability in your country compared to some countries abroad?
– What particular ‘trends’ are emerging in landscape and urban design practices across the world?
– Are there any key foreign policies or planning legislation you would like to see implemented where you are?
– How has working in other countries informed your work today?
Thank you for taking the time to read this and (hopefully) answer my questions.