helpless?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    nca
    Participant

Ever work with a developer with a great property, big vision, but can’t get out of their own way to make their project successful?

Andrew Spiering
    Participant

Yes. 🙂

landplanner
    Participant

Nick:

I hope your fee accommodates some of the interference this client is apparently giving you in getting the job done he hired you for in the first place. If you have a clear and defensible clause in your professional services contract addressing additional services,  that may come in handy also in this case. 

You have left how examples of how the client is apparently sabotaging the project so it is hard to speculate from here.

mauiBob
    Participant

This is what makes a project FUN!!

Jason T. Radice
    Participant

Yes. You have no idea just how bad one of them was.

nca
    Participant

I’m T&M, so I’m not too worried about overextending. Its just frustrating to see a great property with so much potential in the hands of someone who cant see the forest through the trees.

The owner is insisting on up-zoning his own property and refuses to get a broker or someone qualified to do a proforma..insists on going it alone and its become clear that no one wants to work with him. He might make upwards of a few mill on his property if he just let others lead him.

George McNair
    Participant

Just do what he wants providing it’s legal and is not a messed up plan which you will be liable for. If he pays the bills either quit after the next pay check or do what he wants. You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make em drink. Our job is to please the client even if the plan is weird and off key………………make em happy.

mark foster
    Participant

Most non-design trained clients can’t see the things that we see immediately, which are the bad (or less good) consequences of a proposed course of action.  

I usually go into “unintended consequence” mode with the headstrong types– just politely (but firmly) letting them know where every decision they are making is going to end up.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register