How many people design equestrian facilties?

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION How many people design equestrian facilties?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Edna B Wilson
    Participant

I’ve noticed there aren’t too many people in the equestrian design group….where would I go to find some designers to chat with?

Thanks, Edna

Trace One
    Participant

Edna, my favorite (deceased ) designer, Ed Bye, A.E. Bye, was known for his horse farms – but more for the beauty than practicality – the horses had air conditioned stalls, 20×20, so you can imagine the type of horseflesh he designed for. the dry-laid retaining walls and stone drinking trough – gorgeous! Worth looking at – his picture book of his designs “Art into Landscape, Landscape into art” can still be found…..

For living designers, I know Eddie Hollander of Ed Hollander designs, in NYC, has done horse farms in the Hamptons….He’s not on Land8, but a really good guy..

Good Luck!

Edna B Wilson
    Participant

I’m looking for someone interested in designing horse barns maybe to interview them for an article for our blog or?

Mike Mitchell
    Participant

Try contacting Les Smith. He’s a professor at Ball State University who specializes in Equestrian Design and Planning. He was involved in the planning of the equestrian facilities for the Olympics in Atlanta 1996.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register