How to translate correctly title Landscape Architect in Arabic?

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION How to translate correctly title Landscape Architect in Arabic?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sandra M.
    Participant

Hello everybody, especially Arabic speaking professionals!

Can somebody advise what would be correct translation of Landscape Architect title (as well as Landscape Architecture profession) in Arabic? Thanks in advance.

Regards

Alex

al fathi
    Participant

sandra dear, poor u, groping in the dark over terminologies that have been a perennial mystery to those plying their trade in the arab world. i dont have a proper answer to ur Qs, but i will try to highlight something that u may find amusing.
    in general, they refer to landscape architects as landscape engineers. so many versions as to the title in arabic.
    the term for landscaping is littajmeel al aradhi. the term for engineer is muhandas or as in ur case, a lady engineer is muhandisah. so normally they say this is the engineer for landscaping (haza al muhandisah littajmeel al aradhi)…funny eh?
    but i bet others can give a better version of this title and terminology. anybody out there?

Sandra M.
    Participant

Hello Al Fathi! This was very helpful
    Thanks a lot
    Cheers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register