IFC for Landscape

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Henry Fenby-Taylor
    Participant

There is some really interesting work coming out of Norway in BIM for Landscape. The IFC for Landscape is a key part of the journey of Landscape Architecture into the future. This work will ensure that information exchange with other professionals throughout the lifecycle of built assets can happen in a meaningful and consistent way. This will save costs to our client, the project team we work with and our own organisations. 
    I’d ask all of you with an interest in data/information/classification/standards and landscape to take a look at the following link: http://bimforlandskap.no/235-2/?lang=en 

Please post any comments you have below, bearing in mind that this is really important work for our profession and should be supported.

nca
    Participant

How do I contribute? I think the biggest challenge is building up a standardized plant library. Tools for grading and drainage would be great.

Right now, one of the architects we work with does the bulk of the grading for a given project in archicad–seems silly and frustrating LA’s dont have a good surface modeling tool. I know theres Civil 3D, but its pretty tailored to civil, not design. VW Landmark looked promising, and I may revisit it, with its surface modeling/grading tools. and plants library, but the interface and operation didnt really do it for me. 

So how can I contribute?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register