Landscape architechts on Cuba – contactinfo?

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Landscape architechts on Cuba – contactinfo?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Bård Magnus
    Participant

Hello!
    Is there anyone out there who know if there’s some landscape architecht education or assosiation of landscape architechts on Cuba? I’ve searched iflaonline.org without success.

The norwegian assosiation of landscape architechts will arrange a studytrip to Cuba march 23 to april 4 next year and our tourmanager want to get in touch with landscape with institutions or associations.

It’s possible to join the trip, then please mail me on bmf (a) sjufiredel (dot) no.

Bård M. Fauske
    board member, Norwegian assosiation of landscape architechts

Devin Cejas
    Participant

Interesting topic Bard. I’m actually Cuban-American and I hold anything associated with Cuba dear to me. From what I know regarding any type of profession or education on the island is that it’s run by the government. So you might want to try that route maybe a Norwegian Consulate? YOU NEED PERMISSION!!!! No private institutions or associations on the Island. Please keep me posted if you find anything and i’ll do the same. And I’ll definitely be interested in joining your group!!!

Bård Magnus
    Participant

Thanx. A local travel agent organize all the formal details, so that’s no problem. But we would like to have get in touch with some more professionals if possible.

Andrew Spiering
    Participant

I do not have any contact info but I did find this article on World Landscape Architect regarding urban farming in Cuba.

This sounds like a great trip, so please share your experience with us when you return…

Ryland Fox
    Participant

Organiponicos!

Bård Magnus
    Participant

what do you mean? I googled “organiponicos” and this is one of the findings.

Ryland Fox
    Participant

Basically it is intensive urban farming in Cuba. If I recall correctly they are getting yields of 12kg of food a year from a square meter.
    Urban allotments basically. I spelled it wrong – organoponicos.

http://havanajournal.com/business/entry/organoponicos-and-organic-produce-in-cuba/

Bård Magnus
    Participant

jupp, we did go. The studytrip was well organized and we saw some interessting sites, though there were several we missed. We also came in touch with mainly architecths on Cuba, among them prof. Julio Cesar (sic!) Perez, architecht and urbanist. We found that there are no education for landscape architechts on Cuba, but they are trying to establish a master programme and also an organisation for architechts practicing landscape architechture. I have also some pictures from Cuba, but they’re not on the web yet, but you may see some pictures a colleage of mine took in the year of 2002 which I p… before we left so others could have a look. He also joined this time, and we hope to publish some more pictures. When ther is time…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register