Landscape Textures for Gaphic Rendering

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums GRAPHICS Landscape Textures for Gaphic Rendering

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi there everyone,

Since I’m now working for a firm, most of the residential contracts make up to 30-40%. This is why I’ve to extend my database, because I lack textures expressing specific contents such as “modern pavement”.

Specifically modern pavement. I’ve looked for stone brick, pavement, stone pavement as keyword, but I can’t find a good site that would have such a database with modern, modular or rectilinear pavement design”. Maybe I’ve also forgot to say that I work mostly in photoshop. Maybe that would be best for me to work also in sketchup for texturing a part of my work. I was also asking myself how to render crowning (don’t know if this is also the word in English). This is also very difficult when it comes the time to render pavement with curves, if you want to make it very realistic. And, because in Landscape Architecture everything we do with pavement is custom, it’s very hard to render as I’ve noticed. 

Well, if your guys have good tips or any reference, tutorials or anything that would help me with these problematic to improve my skills.

Best regards,

David

Akin Adekile
    Participant

http://www.cgtextures.com has always helped me find textures I’m looking for.

As far as implementing them in a photoshop rendering, I would suggest separating into layers and then changing that layer blend mode to something like overlay and multiply, and then lowering the opacity as you see fit. You would of course need base color layers beneath them for this technique to work. If you want the texture to follow a long a path, free tranform, scaling, perspective, and warp tools are all useful. Photoshop Tutorials I would suggest looking up: clip masking, transform tools, layer blend modes, implementing textures in a Photoshop rendering.

Hope that was helpful.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi and thanks for the great answer.

As we’re designing new trends and I was asking myself how to make realism pavement textures. Maybe a mix of.

I already know about cgtextures, but I didn’t find modular pavement like we’re using. 

Here is a modular pavement but can’t really find similar textures : http://www.bolduc.ca/paves-65.aspx

Maybe I’ll check further in cgtexture.

Thanks for your help!

Tosh K
    Participant

I think sketchup comes with an ashlar pattern.  You can just grab that from the file and use it in photoshop.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sketchup textures aren’t really what I’m searching for. Plus, their resolution aren’t good enough for my type of work in size. 

Thanks by the way for the suggestion.

Tosh K
    Participant

ok… i’m not entirely sure what ‘modern pavement’ is, but the patterns on the bolduc site are available on cgtextures ‘BrickOldMixedSize’ – modern to me is more bond layout than ashlar.  One option may be to get a manufacturer to give you a texture file that you can then created tile-able images from (cgtextures tiled images are only about 600 to 700 pixels square)

Anonymous
    Inactive

oh well… It is listed under “medieval” brick. You’re right Tosh K. This is the kind of pavement that I was seeking for, indeed.

Sorry if my English isn’t always at top. I’m always looking forward to improve it, but well.

I don’t know these textures are all in medieval (probably due to the modular disposition, but everything is there)

Again, a big thank you! 🙂

Jason T. Radice
    Participant

I make a great deal of my own textures in a combination of photoshop and CAD. Say I need a slab or “architectural paver” made by companies like Hanover or Wausau. They really don’t have good textures, so I draw the grid that I need in CAD (the size of paver, like a 12×24). Save it off as a PDF and bring it into photoshop. I then either find a texture like a granite or I cobble something together. I also tile the texture by rotating it and overlapping then  airbrush erase portions. Clone stamp works well here, too. The goal is to make it look like you are not repeating a pattern. Put the texture layer under the line work. Then apply a sharp bevel on the line work and you have pavers. I’ve done lots of other brick and pavers in this similar way.

Another cool thing is the Masonry Designer from Interstate Brick. This make incredible textures (with a little massaging to make it seamless). You can choose individual bricks to change, vary the coursing, change the mortar color, make soldier courses, inlays, and decorative patterns with other colors. It is pretty much like you are building the wall. The you can save off a hi-res image. I use this A LOT. Then again, I’ve used quite a bit of Interstate Brick, too.

http://www.interstatebrick.com/masonry_designer/ 

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sometimes it can takes long to find a good texture. I’m very amaze by your technique, and I must admit that I would have not think about it. Mix of CAD and textures, very bright!

The designer tool is also very interesting! I’ll have a look later.

Thanks for your share, I really appreciate!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register