LARE Study Guides . com – My Analysis of The Tests

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums EDUCATION LARE Study Guides . com – My Analysis of The Tests

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Brad Alexander
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I do not usually go in for this sort of thing but I couldn’t find anything regarding the larestudyguides.com practice tests. I am studying for section 3 to take in a few days. I was desperate for more information as I had already read the required readings and practiced all the old Section C vignettes. See the review below.

I didn’t know what to expect with the $35 practice tests from Shake and Bake. Section 3 had 80 questions. Many of which were adapted from the previously offered Section 3 Practice Exam by CLARB. I would recommend the purchase of this material for one reason: The questions are phrased as they were on section 1 & 2. I have not taken 3 or 4 yet but would assume they are similar. The setting of stories and “Richard has been tasked with…” type questions are frequent in this practice test. Each questions has a 3-10 sentence reasoning for the answers provided. I have been practicing LA for 5 years now and the information seems… iffy at best. I am going to chalk this up as a welcomed experience. I got to focus and analyze questions the way CLARB likes to ask them. If you’re looking for accurate, absolutely correct answers this will not be a thrill for you. With all this being said; if you can look at this material and separate what the answers are from just taking it to practice your “test mode” then I’d say buy it. $35 is peanuts when you’re talking about your career, $500 test & months until the next exam. I hope this helps some of you in your future studying.

Cheers,

Brad

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register