LAs in municipal stormwater manager roles

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE LAs in municipal stormwater manager roles

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Wyatt Thompson, PLA
    Participant

Are you, or do you know, a landscape architect who serves as a stormwater manager/director or fulfills a role similar to a municipal stormwater engineer? I am looking to connect with landscape architects who have specialized practice in stormwater management, preferably who work for a city or county agency, or similar public entity. I would like to chat briefly with anyone in these roles about their experiences. Please reply here or PM me. Thanks!

Amy Grossman
    Participant

I was hired to do this by a scientist at a city agency and we found out the rules in our city/state only recognize engineers as an authority on stormwater. The LAs in that department were generally only consulted for plant/soil nutrient questions. It was frustrating.

Kevin Meindl
    Participant

I work with Buffalo Sewer Authority as the landscape architect and green infrastructure program manager responsible for all planning, design, construction and maintenance of green stormwater infrastructure in the City of Buffalo, NY

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register