Modeling Software Questions!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Scott Benson
    Participant

My firm is looking to invest in a new modeling program to model detailed site models.  Our needs are to have a program that can accurately model grading plans, vegetation, as well as a high quality of rendering.  What programs should we focus on?  Autodesk Maya, 3dsMax? Others?  Thanks.

Scott

Eric Gilbey
    Participant

Scott, Every one of your examples would be well met with Vectorworks Landmark with Renderworks. The Site Model object would provide you the 2D grading plan, while also providing the 3D model which can be analyzed for cut and fill, water flow and slope categories. The Plant objects have 2D and 3D representations as well. With Renderworks, you have the ability to study and present your file to make sure what you are proposing is solving the needs for the client and site. So many other site specific features, including GIS file management, make the software a solution well worth checking out. Good luck with your search…keep us posted as to how it goes.

Robert Anderson
    Participant

Scott,

You sound like your open to anything. I have had experience with both Vectorworks, Autodesk and Microstation and I would have to say that Vectorworks Landmark has been the superior software.

Once you have made a decision keep me in mind. With my practice I’ve also started providing technical guidance including transitioning to Vectorworks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register