Parade Ground Grading

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Amany
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I am in the process of grading a parade ground area which is part of the police officers club hotel. The area has a rectangular large shape which is divided between large paved (4355 m2) area located in the center and two lawn areas ( 3655 m2 for each) on the both sides. I understand that there should minimum be 2% gradient in lawn area but will that affect the police men’s marching?

I need your experience on this since its my first time ever to make grading for parade ground.

Kind Regards and Thanks

Amany

I wouldn’t fret. Soccer fields, where you want as little grade interference as possible, are set at 1% – 1.75% and they still drain readily enough. On your grassy areas you could get away with it due to infiltration. On the hardscaped areas stick to 2%. But it’s so slight , no one will notice.

Tosh K
    Participant

Parading? not really , just make sure there’s enough grade for it to drain (you don’t want a muddy ground).  2% is really noticeable when running extended periods of time, but while walking/marching.  you will see the grade though, so you don’t want kinks in the pitch.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register