Photoshopping in Award Submissions

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Photoshopping in Award Submissions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kevin J. Gaughan
    Participant

I’m not sure if anyone else has looked through the most recent ASLA Awards winners, but I found one of them to be a little questionable. 

When I first saw the GM House submission, it was obvious that there was a large amount of photoshopping that had taken place. This started a lively debate in our firm about what was real and what was fake, and more importantly, how much editing should be allowed in official award submissions. As we dug a little further, we found some of the ‘original’ images, proving that these were indeed photoshopped. You can see those here: http://www.riginikstudio.com/118038/2519110/gallery/alex-hanazaki-paisagismo

It would be good to hear some other people’s point of view on this topic. 

Emilie C Carter
    Participant

Is there a policy on the amount of photo editing or enhancing that is allowed in award submissions? I looked through the National call for entries and the most detail I found was in the residential category that specified no montages or overlays.

Many of the other projects seem to have well-taken photos with very minimal enhancement, if any. I think ASLA needs to clarify a policy on this moving forward (if they haven’t already) so the integrity of the winning projects isn’t undermined in the future.

nca
    Participant

The only thing I could see was the mirrored pillows..what else?

Kevin J. Gaughan
    Participant

Lets open this up to the community. GM House Photo Hunt?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register