Plant List for erotion control, hillside stabilization or clifftop regeneration at Flores, Indonesia

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums RESEARCH Plant List for erotion control, hillside stabilization or clifftop regeneration at Flores, Indonesia

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gita Adriani Putri
    Participant

Hi everyone,

How are you guys?

I want to ask, does anyone knows what type of plants that we can use for erotion control, hillside stabilization or clifftop regeneration at Flores Island, Indonesia? I need to know the local plants or possible other plants outside the island that might be can use to control the erotions. Your information will be very helpfull to me, as i working on research for erotion control plants there. Thank you and have a nice day.

Regards,

Gita Adriani

Goustan BODIN
    Participant

In Thailand they use this material : (see PDF)

and this plant :

Scientific name : Chrysopogon zizanioides 

Scientific name (old but frequent) : Vetiveria zizanioides  

Common english name : Vetiver

Thai name : หญ้าแฝกหอม 

I’ve seen several pictures of projects in central america using it for erosion control. The use of that plant is fairly recent, so no input on long term use. But it seems to be promoted by World organizations.

The root system is very impressive. Plant also used for water cleaning and pollutant filtration, bio-remediation. It’s a plant that also has other economic interest : vetiver is used in perfume industry.

If you use the scientific names, you should find enough info to get you started.

Good luck for your research 🙂

Gita Adriani Putri
    Participant

Thank you Goustan for your information.. 🙂

Christa
    Participant

Native grasses usually have deeper root systems for slope stabilization. Not much advice, but I hope it helps.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register