Projects to see in Baltimore?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello everybody,
    I will have about a day in the central part of Baltimore and would love to hear some suggestions for interesting projects to see.

Thank you!

Jason T. Radice
    Participant

The much publicized hardscape of the aquarium at the Inner Harbor. Great design and good quality install.

Sounds good.

Lucy Wang
    Participant

I’m not really sure what you mean by “projects” and I don’t know where you are in the city but I can suggest some outdoor spaces near the inner harbor if that’s where you’re at. For one, I second visiting the outside space next to the aquarium. You should also check out:

-the space between the WTC building and the aquarium. It has an old, huge propeller, a big metal fixture and a neat planting design (esp from above)
    -the planting area around the Baltimore Visitor’s Center. They have an interactive water feature close by to it.
    -There’s a waterfall sculpture fountain at the Inner Harbor, corner of Light and Pratt.
    – Harbor East. You can walk there from the Harbor, it’s so close. At the heart is this huge golden sculpture/fountain surrounded by cobblestone. If you keep walking past it towards the water there’s a nice waterfront area.
    – Holocaust Memorial, pretty minimal, outdoor memorial
    – Don’t know if you’re far from Mt Vernon but you can take the free Charm Circulator up to Mount Vernon too. Has a more European-flavor to it

Thank you! I’ll be in the Inner Harbor and your suggestions will work great.

Anonymous
    Inactive

My favorite water side park is Bond Street warf over in Fells Point. It’s at the corner of Bond Street and Thames street on the eastern edge of Fells Point and is right next to the Baltimore offices of RTKL.

The aquarium, Mt. Vernon and the Baltimore Museum of Art sculpture garden are great as well. The BMA sculpture garden were written about in LAM a couple months ago.

Great! Thank you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register