Quick probably rediculous question about photoshop…

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums TECHNOLOGY Quick probably rediculous question about photoshop…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Nelsen
    Participant

Hi all,

I was wondering if there is a tool similar to the burn tool in photoshop that allows you to lighten areas instead of darken them…I haven’t been able to find anything about it, and I’m guessing its something really simple that I overlooked.

Any help would be great!

Jon

Jonathan Nelsen
    Participant

Thanks TJ…Dodge is exactly what i was looking for.

David Barbarash
    Participant

I’d be careful about using the eraser tool to lighten an area. Technically you aren’t lightening it, but making it more transparent, and depending on the paper you’re printing on, it can have an unwanted effect on the color you’re looking for.

Otherwise, the dodge tool is the way to go there, or if you want a more linear look, you can create an adjustment layer, mask off the area in question with the gradient tool or a feathered selection (or by simply painting with a brush) and play with the brightness/contrast, hue/saturation, color overlay, etc.

David Barbarash
    Participant

I should add that I realize that the printer doesn’t actually print transparency, but higher end printers (in most of the offices I’ve been in) which use paper profiles will adjust a print to allow for transparent effects for different paper types. Whew… that’s better…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register