Realtime Landscaping

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Maria Joana Sinde
    Participant

Has anyone worked with realtime landscaping before? A friend asked me about Realtime Landscaping Plus 2013 and I dont really know if it is worth buying. I normally use Sketch up, as it can be coordinated with Cad. But this program seems to have more landscape features..

Rob Halpern
    Participant

Never used it. Appears more for homeowners and small landscapers. It is interesting to look at it: the “real plant pictures” look like photos but the “renderings” they show on their site look like Victorian valentine day cards with a tract home in the background. Ugh.

Maria Joana Sinde
    Participant

yes thats my impression too. the renderings look like sketch up 1.0…but wanted to find out if somebody tried the product – in tutorials (you tube) found some features looking promissing…sketch up can look really bad at first but you can do wonders with it..so i couldnt be sure…

Leslie B Wagle
    Participant

All rendering is abstract representation but it has always been a bit baffling and amusing to me how that type of software is so enthralling to design/build firms (one I know of mixes it within a design package that still has hand-drawn plans). What a good description with the cards analogy lol!  I think it’s because although nothing will ever look like that after installation, the customer appeal is seeing HIS or HER home in the background, and that overwhelms them and makes them think it’s bound to be solid design in every other measure, and the blend looks “tailored” when in fact the solution offered could almost be a standard given to most other customers. And the business appeal is the lower learning curve compared to sketchup or photoshop etc. …which could be prohibitive to crank up for a typical residence even with skills available. I’m not saying the shortcuts are always used in a repetitive way, but there sure is the likelihood that solutions are limited by the plant and pool etc. library that comes ready to plug in.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register