Scale Drawings in Portfolio

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    MG
    Participant

Thank you for the explanation! That’s actually the steps I took when I was in school using the PCs. I’ll see if my mac can do the same, otherwise it seems like the method I’m doing makes sense and works just the same. 

Zach Watson
    Participant

Meena you can also Preview what the layout will look like [making the images look normal] by clicking View –> Overprint Preview [it should be the first option in the drop down menu.

Jason T. Radice
    Participant

You can also right click (for those of us with a right mouse button, sorry Mac people) and select it from there. Right mouse button…one of many reasons I havn’t switched to Mac.

MG
    Participant

Hey thanks Zach! I just tried it out. I’ve run into a problem though. Whenever I preview the drawing in either method, some of my layers (mostly the ones that I worked on in Photoshop) disappear and the vector lines that I worked on Illustrator remain. I don’t know why this is happening.

MG
    Participant

I am actually using a wireless mouse. So I can right click, hehe. Thanks!

Zach Watson
    Participant

That is one issue that I don’t remember coming across.  I would try exporting/printing and to see if they appear in the final image.  I’ll think about it thought and see if I can come up with an answer.  It’s just a little more difficult to know what is happening without seeing all of the settings myself.  Best of Luck!

MG
    Participant

Ok, I’ll give that a try and see what happens. Thanks!

ALEX P
    Participant

1. never use a landscape layout, gah. it looks like a “portfolio” not a well designed print document.. why do you think magazines are portait.. it look better.. easier to handle. 

2. dump the scales.  it doesnt matter.  they look clunky and ugly, seriously who will notice that its 20 scale or 100 scale.. 

3. stop worrying about all these presumed rules.  just do what makes your work look the best.  

4.  make something that you are proud of, not in papyrus!!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register