space, it’s still a frontier, New York TimesOpinionator Blog, by Alison Arieff

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION space, it’s still a frontier, New York TimesOpinionator Blog, by Alison Arieff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Trace One
    Participant

great article in todays NYT..CAN’T figure out how to post the LINK!!!

check it out! Plus the comments – really fun!

Trace One
    Participant
    Ken Hendrickson
    Participant

I agree, good topic!

David Lorberbaum
    Participant

Thanks for sharing Trace. That was a nice opinion piece and the comments were entertaining. I imagine that the cost would be extremely high for cities to try and implement some of the Local Code into their unused spaces, but they do not have to do it all at once.

It would be a nice discussion on whether or not it would improve(value of property, water quality, quality of life) a city or not. That’s my take at least.

Boilerplater
    Participant

Yeah, Ms. Arieff always seems to find interesting topics and presents them well. This reminds me of when I worked for the NJDOT. With land acquisition for highway projects, you end up with a lot of leftover pieces of land. One of our jobs was to look at those pieces and decide if they served any scenic, buffering or other useful function and recommend if the state should keep them or not. Of course there was no budget for doing anything creative like this, but when you start to notice all the scraps of land out there, its easy to imagine the possibilities. You find some rather interesting things along highways.

Adam E. Anderson
    Participant
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register