study abroad

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Monica Streeper
    Participant

I am interested in finding a school where I can study for a semester abroad as a landscape architecture grad student. I am hoping to travel for the spring semester next year and I would like to find a school in Europe where I can take a studio class and other art or design classes preferably in an urban setting. My school, Virginia Tech in Alexandria, has no formal program for study abroad and I was advised to hit up discussion boards to find a school that would be interested in accepting a student from the U.S. to study for a semester. I hope someone can point me in the right direction! Thanks,

Monica Streeper

Mark Pflueger
    Participant

Hey! I’m a student of landscape architecture at Kassel University (Germany) and currently I am attending an English-speaking project. So there are some english studios and projects offered every semester.
    Architects, Urban Planner/Town Planner & landscape architects are working together in mixed studios, but most of them will be German-lectured.
    To find out more go to http://cms.uni-kassel.de/asl/en/start.html

And, of course, international students are welcome!

Brad Buschur
    Participant

I spent my third year of my MLA program at the Edinburgh College of Art’s landscape MLA2 program. They have a very reputable courses for undergrads and graduate students that often merges LA with students from urban design and architecture. Be sure to sync your year abroad with you home institution’s course of study. For instance, it would have been better for me to spend my second year at ECA rather than the third. Edinburgh is a great city. I have no regrets. Good luck.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register