TECHNOLOGY: Whats out there for LAs that’s useful whether old or new???

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums TECHNOLOGY TECHNOLOGY: Whats out there for LAs that’s useful whether old or new???

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

My firm is moving into a new office and we have a team researching new technology, whether it’s software, hardware and or office environments. Does anyone have any advice on whats good, useful, helpful to improve productivity and efficiency in a firm? I’m in a small LAR studio within a larch ARCH company.

Software I currently use/ have access to:

AutoCAD 14 + Map + Civil 3D—-Sketchup Pro—-MS Office—-Adobe Suite—-Google Earth Pro—-AutoTurn—-Land F/X

I searched through the forum and didn’t see anything recent addressing this topic.

Thanks for any insight,

Fred

Robert Anderson
    Participant

If you haven’t given it a look, you should check out PlanGrid! It is fantastic for punch lists and site analysis.

Otherwise it looks like you have the other areas covered. One question. If your Large Architecture brethren are using Revit you might want to consider Vectorworks 2015 as it can interpret and export files for use in Revit and do all the other things that Map + Civil 3d (less the stormwater calcs) + Sktechup + Land F/X do in one package at a considerable savings to buying all of those together.

Tosh K
    Participant

No Rhino?!  It seems to have become a favored modeling software in academia, and while it replaces none, it is a nice supplement to the Autodesk/Adobe packages. 

Anonymous
    Inactive

MColor for AutoCAD (cuts down Photoshopping plans in post production).  

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register