UBC vs. UoGuelph for MLA

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Jessica MacDaniel
    Participant

Hello all,

I have seen the recent post that someone asked about UBC vs. Guelph for a Masters in Landscape Architecture. I have some specific questions and I wanted to see if I could get any opinions or anecdotes from people.

I am trying to decide between both schools, I think both programs look great!

UBC is highly connected with their Architecture program (which I love), whereas Guelph has a lot of Bachelors of Landscape Architecture students that I think inform the program (I also love teaching and the MLA’s often TA in the BLA program).

My background is in Fine Art. I am really interested in trying to take the most creative approach possible to this degree. I am hoping to exercise my freedoms in the broadest sense. My BFA is from Emily Carr University and I studied Critical and Cultural Practice, there was a lot of writing and researching involved, which I love and Emily Carr University is very conceptual based.

UBC’s final year is project based whereas Guelph’s final year is thesis based. I am in the process of trying to understand the differences and figure out which better suites me.

Down the road I may want to teach, and am also interested in working with Urban, public spaces. I am hoping to work internationally eventually. I have lived in both areas of the country and have reasons to love both.

I am really torn between the decision right now and have a short amount of time to decide.  

Thank you for any feedback,

Jess

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register