What’s The Best Fireworks You Seen?

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums PLACES & SPACES What’s The Best Fireworks You Seen?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Mark Warriner
    Participant

Mine would have to be on Bastille Day on the Champ de Mars mall with a concert under the Eiffel Tower in Paris.

Tanya Olson
    Participant

Mt Rushmore! Not at the visitors center……we take a back road and climb up on the rock outcroppings about a half mile away from the monument. We sit out in the woods on the rocks and watch the fireworks framed by gnarly ponderosa pines listening to the muted oohs and aaahs of other people out in the woods, though we can see no one. The whole thing starts when a B-1 silently appears out of nowhere from behind us, shoots toward Mt Rushmore and hits the afterburners – BAM!!!

The actual fireworks are about as good as any big city, but the setting is spectacular. It makes me proud to be a human being with the things we think of solely for our own pleasure!

This year (and last year) sadly, no fireworks at the monument because of the enormous swaths of dead ponderosa pines from the bark beetle……

Great pic Mark!

Jason T. Radice
    Participant

For the past few years, I’ve been able to see a good deal of the fireworks in DC from the Speaker’s balcony of the US Capitol. I don’t get to see much of the concert or all the fireworks because I am working, but what I do see is quite something. Luckily, I get to see much of the concert the night before at dress rehersals.

Rob Halpern
    Participant

The Statue of Liberty Centennial celebration, 1986 from lower Manhattan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhQ-dgtao7E&feature=related

It was better in person, of course, because choreographed firework displays from barges wrapped around the lower part of Manhattan island.

Thomas J. Johnson
    Participant

Laguna Beach on a special rock, with a special lady… the last two years. Gonna miss it this year…

Thomas J. Johnson
    Participant

^—- LOL Best reply so far!

Miles Barnard
    Participant

Telluride, Colorado. Every year

al fathi
    Participant

abu dhabi corniche each december 2! no jack daniels, no hooker, pure pyro show.

Andrew Garulay, RLA
    Participant

That sounds like a very cool experience.

Ryland Fox
    Participant

Disney world fireworks over the park on new years from on top of one of the hotels.  Looking forward to the Sydney Harbour ones this year.

Jon Quackenbush
    Participant

My best friend from high school owns a family plumbing outfit, and he is doing well.  Each year they spend at least $5k on fireworks and they are awesome!  The proximity to them is what is most exciting.

Christopher Patzke
    Participant

One charming fireworks tradition takes place in Montreal.  On Friday evenings in the summer one country will present a fireworks display as part of the Montreal International Fireworks Competition.  The streets are full of people (both tourists and locals) and there is always a friendly atmoshpere in the air.  It’s a wonderfully civilized way of starting an evening out with friends. 

Christopher Patzke
    Participant

Another display of note are the fireworks/fountains at Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square, PA.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register