Whats up with the “Jobs” link

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Whats up with the “Jobs” link

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Albert C
    Participant

I thought I saw a job close to me that sounded interesting, but once I followed up on it the job didn’t exist.  Just a city BS file your general application here and we’ll  follow up when one opens up, sort of thing. Feels like Land 8 just sold that part out.

Keith
    Participant

I like the ad for “entry level maintenance” and better yet “Landscape Assistant at University of Nebraska”.  Did anyone actually read that one?  The “Premier Social Network For Landscape Architects” is posting a job that includes mowing assigned areas with power mowers and requires an EIGHTH GRADE EDUCATION??!!!  Land8 you should be ashamed of yourselves. 

Jason T. Radice
    Participant

Nothing unusual there. Don’t blame Land8. The market sucks so bad that fast food jobs are the highlight of many regional career jobs. I’d rather enjoy the cathardic hum and delicious fumes of a mower than standing all day getting spattered with grease, dealing with NASTY customers and asking if they want fries with that. For some of us, it is returning to our roots.

Edward Flaherty
    Participant

Definitely, a job in the landscape is a job.

Keith
    Participant

True, but leave that stuff to Craigslist.  This is a site for Landscape Architects and we have a hard enough time teaching the public that we are more than glorified gardeners.  Job ads like that on a Landscape Architecture website only set the profession back, especially when it comes to prospective LA’s.

Zach Watson
    Participant

Is this post really a concern for anyone here?  The replies to this topic have talked all about how this job being posted on the Lounge is detrimental to the profession because others not in our profession might see it and get the wrong opinion.  My question is, how often does anyone from the general public log onto the Lounge?  It was a job posting that was listed because of the key words that were used.  I don’t think that any job posting that comes to Land8 is ever going to send out the wrong idea because the only people coming to this website are people who are interested in Landscape Architecture.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register