Which Asian country is the best to study abroad in?

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums EDUCATION Which Asian country is the best to study abroad in?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Lucy Wang
    Participant

I’m an undergrad landscape architecture major looking to study abroad next spring. I’m not looking for existing programs, as I’d prefer to save the money and do the legwork myself (i.e. set up correspondence and apply to the university directly). My adviser has told me that the dept is somewhat lenient about the classes they will accept credit for.

I was originally interested in studying abroad in Taiwan because I’ve been there before and I have a few connections there. I think that I also want to go to a country where I can practice my Mandarin. I have been told, however, that Taiwan is not the best place to look for good examples of landscape design. Therefore, my attention has been turned towards China and Singapore.

I’ve never been to either country but I know that China is a hotspot for LA and that Singapore has been called a “garden city” before. I am under a bit of financial strain and I’m a bit concerned that Singapore may be a bit pricey.

Given that I’d like to be in a place where I can practice Mandarin, see/study good examples of landscape design, and not spend a fortune at a decent University, where would you suggest (and with which uni if you know any)? Also, proximity to good public transportation is very important.

Thanks in advance!

Wisitsak Suriyasri
    Participant

hey , how ab Thailand?

shengyi yue
    Participant

yeah~Thailand is a great idea

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register