Winery Waste Water Reuse

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Anyone know of any projects in the US that has reused the wastewater from wine production to irrigate vineyards?

Jason Turner
    Participant

I’m going to be watching this one with interest, as we have the same issues here in South Africa. I’m told that recycling the water is a tricky issue, as there are vitriolic acids (or something like that – their name eludes me right now) and residues which can only be removed with Reverse Osmosis. Even if you do use R.O. on the water, the resulting spoil from the R.O. unit will be concentrated waste which is essentially industrial waste and would need to be handled as such. I will do some hunting around locally and on the net, but look forward to any other ideas the forum may have.

Kevin J. Gaughan
    Participant

I am not sure of any wineries, but there is a brewery in Portland, OR that reuses its wastewater and recycles all of the biproducts from the brewing process. I know that the process are not exactly the same, but some of the systems might be similar. The name of the brewery is Bridgeport Brewery. Hope this helps..and good luck!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register