Tips of the “Loose Sketch” with Marker and PenBeLoose Graphic Workshop – Mike Lin
- Paper: Use of paper towel, napkin or any rough texture paper.
- Outlined with black ink pen: First outlined the sketch with black pen, the darker marker colors used, the thicker pen needed. Thick pen like “Sharpie” or thin pen like “LePen” are recommended.
- Colored with markers: Colored the sketch using primary colors (Yellow, Red, Blue) or complimentary colors (Yellow-Purple, Red-Green, Orange-Blue) to create vivid and excitement appearance.
- Over Edges: Use lighter marker and color over black lines to achieve looseness look. If darker marker colors used, the black lines need to be thicker.
- White Space: Leave at least 20-40% white space to catch eyes.