Landscape Architect/Project Manager Wainscott, NY
• 3-5 years experience working as a Project Manager for a wide range of residential and/or commercial projects.
• Computer Skills: AutoCAD, Mircosoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp or other 3D software (We are a Mac based office).
• Experience with all aspects of Landscape Design Services from Schematic Design and Presentations through Construction Observation.
• Experience preparing Construction Documents & Specifications.
• Knowledge and Experience preparing RFPs and Budgets.
• Excellent plant knowledge of the Northeast Region.
• A strong familiarity and understanding of Construction Practices, Building Methods, Sequences, and Codes.
• Rooftop and Green Roof Experience would be welcomed.
• Ability to coordinate Multiple Projects and Deadlines.
• Responsible, hard working, self-motivated, and detail oriented.
• Because we have a lot of interaction with our Clients, Consultants and Architects a professional friendly demeanor, as well as excellent verbal and written skills are a must.
• A great Design Aesthetic.
• A love for the outdoors. We are very hands on with Garden Installations and love being outdoors and on site. Some physical work of loading, unloading, and placing small plant material may be required.
• Some Travel is required so you will need your own vehicle. Any site visits are only daily and most likely begin from the office. Mileage is reimbursed
Landscape Designer Wainscott, NY
Position will involve all aspects of high-end residential design-build process working alongside the principal and other members of our team. This position is perfect for someone looking to grow within a small established company handling a diverse array of projects in the immediate area and beyond.
Design/Architecture degree or equivalent is a requirement.N.B. existing US immigration status required.
Other valuable skillsets:
- CAD and other computer skills imperative (Vectorworks preferred).
- Self-motivation, passion for design and creativity, problem solving and logistics.
- The ability to work alone or within a team.
- Familiarity with the landscape development process.
- Communication skills for interaction with clients to subs on site.
- Physical ability to contribute to site layout and supervision.
Salary and benefits based on candidate qualification. Full time, Part-time and internships considered.
HED, a multi-discipline Firm with national reputation, is looking for an experienced landscape architect/designer to join our Detroit area office.
The Landscape Architect/Designer will work directly with Senior Landscape Architects, Architectural Designers and Engineers on complex projects ranging from planning level studies to detail design. The ideal candidate must be a self-motivated individual who is willing to take on responsibility and respond to challenges on a daily basis. The ideal candidate will also have a passion for every aspect of landscape architecture and enjoy working in a fun and collaborative studio environment.
Responsible for the design and technical systems for large, complex projects from concept through construction administration.
• Responsible for site system concepts and documentation process from schematics through construction administration phases within the discipline.
• Prepare and document required code research for project.
• Conduct material and product research as required for project development.
• Attend project meetings as necessary.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
• MLA, BLA or BSLA required.
• Five to seven years of experience in a professional office.
• Excellent 3D and 2D design skills with proven proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Rhino and SketchUp.
• Excellent communication skills, including graphic proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
• Ability to creatively problem solve and deliver clear concepts to colleagues and project managers.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced creative environment with tight deadlines.
• Collaborative and team-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong work discipline with exceptional self-management skills.
• Responsible, hard-working, and self-motivated.
• A strong desire to learn and become proficient in all aspects of landscape architecture.
• Capable of traveling to and from project sites for attending client, project and construction meetings.
• Ability to access existing and new project sites for observation, investigation and evaluation purposes.
• Ability to use equipment for communication and documentation purposes.
• Visual acuity to perform responsibilities.
Small, multifaceted Landscape architectural firm looking for a designer on licensure track with 2 to 3 years experience. Small, multifaceted Landscape architectural firm looking for a designer on licensure track with 2 to 3 years experience.
Applicant should be skilled in CADD, photoshop, MS word / Excel, Sketch-up and other digital applications.
Small, multifaceted Landscape architectural firm looking for a designer on licensure track with 2 to 3 years experience. Applicant should be skilled in CADD, photoshop, MS word / Excel, Sketch-up and other digital applications.
Landscape Architect East Grand Rapids, MI
2-4 years experience Qualified applicants must have Experience and Professional Skills in preparing Site Plans, Construction Documents, Master Plans and Presentation Graphics along with Strong Technical Skills with Proficiency with AutoCad, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch-Up and MS Office.
Bachelors Degree in Landscape Architecture
From an accredited Unites States University
We are seeking individuals for positions who have excellent academic credentials, and are interested in working on high-profile projects.
Email resumes to: email@example.com
Landscape & Irrigation Designer Tucson, AZ
Landscape and Irrigation Designer
Norris Design is a leading worldwide strategic partner in planning, landscape architecture and project promotion, creating value for our clients by combining excellent service with innovative and implementable solutions. Norris Design is dedicated to providing our clients with knowledge, education and implementation of green building strategies. For more information, visit www.norris-design.com.
Overview of Job Description:
Norris Design is growing. We are searching for full-time landscape designers to add to our talented team in Tucson, AZ. The ideal candidate for the Tucson office shall have 0-3 years of experience (internships included) in a professional organization with experience in and or desire to work on landscape and irrigation design projects throughout the Western United States and Internationally. Additionally, the candidate shall have hand graphic skills, and be proficient with AutoCAD, Land FX, Photoshop, Sketch-Up, Microsoft Word and Excel. An understanding of Adobe In-Design and 3D Studio Max is beneficial. The candidate shall be enthusiastic, creative, with the ability to think pro-actively and work in a high paced collaborative environment. Salary and benefits are commensurate with position and qualifications.
Bachelors’ Degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited program.
How to Apply:
If interested, please send a cover letter, resume, 3 professional references and a portfolio in PDF (10 page maximum) format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, years of experience and office location of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email. Please send inquiries no later than December 15, 2016. No phone calls please.
Landscape Designer/Architect Santa Barbara, CA
We are seeking a project manager and/or skilled designer with 3-10 years experience.
Candidates are required to submit a digital portfolio, demonstrating technical drawing abilities and graphic design skills.
The ideal candidate shall have strong design skills and be an excellent visual communicator.
The candidate shall be capable of working on multiple projects in various stages of development, and maintaining design integrity, and graphic consistency.
Proficiency is required in;
Hand Drawing and sketching
Autocad or other Drafting software
Vectorworks is our platform so any experience is a plus
Junior Designer Oakland, CA
ABOUT YOU Hyphae seeks a motivated, talented and critical thinking Junior Designer to join our team. Hyphae Design Lab is a small, but growing firm and this is a significant career opportunity for the right person. Employees who demonstrate competence and design excellence have the potential to work on many aspects of projects and gain responsibilities rapidly.
Typical Responsibilities include:
• Designing and diagramming
• 3D computer modeling and drafting (in Revit and AutoCAD)
• Developing reports and presentations
• Interfacing with our interdisciplinary team
An ideal candidate will have the following experience:
• High level of self motivation, organizational skills, and a collaborative sensibility
• Basic GIS capabilities
• Experience in Rhino, Revit or AutoCAD
• Adobe Suite
• 1-2 years of design/drafting experience in landscape architecture, architecture or engineering
• Knowledge of engineering, construction and plumbing
• Modeling experience using Rhino or Revit
This is a part-time to full-time job that will begin on a temporary basis. Compensation is negotiable and based on level of experience. We are located in Downtown Oakland a few blocks from the 12th Street BART station. To apply for this position, please complete the application via the link below. Emailed resumes will not be reviewed.
Bernard Trainor + Associates is an award-winning landscape architecture studio based in Monterey, CA. We are a consistently published firm that has completed many significant custom residential projects in California. Our work celebrates the uniqueness and diversity of each client and place, maintaining a consistent focus on design excellence, thorough project management and superior service. Our process is rooted in collaboration, and team members are involved in projects from design conception to details, demanding dedicated engagement in the entire process. Visit www.bernardtrainor.com for an overview of our work.
We are seeking candidates for the position of Assistant Landscape Designer to join our growing team. This is an entry-level to 3 years experience position with opportunity for professional growth. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about their work, deadline oriented, articulate, and is responsive to group input. These attributes are the building blocks necessary for success in this position.
Candidates are required to submit a digital portfolio, demonstrating technical drawing and design process. The candidate shall be capable of working on multiple projects in various stages of development, working cooperatively with a design team, and maintaining design integrity, and graphic consistency.
Proficiency in the following is required:
Mac OSX – we are a Mac-based office
Vectorworks Landmark 2016 (some experience desirable)
SketchUp Pro 2016
MS Office Suite
Adobe Design Suite
Hand sketching + lettering
A BLA / MLA or equivalent from an accredited program.
The individual shall be a U.S. citizen (or have a long-term work visa or green card).
The position is full time – 40 hours per week. Salary will be based on experience. We offer paid vacation, health insurance, and participation in a retirement (401k) plan.
Please email resume, cover letter, and portfolio/samples of relevant work in PDF format (up to 20MB, link to download if larger) to email@example.com. Include “Landscape Designer” in subject line. No phone calls please.
Entry to Mid-Level Landscape Architect Honeoye Falls, NY
Bayer Landscape Architecture, PLLC is an award-winning, professional design firm based near Rochester, New York that has focused on the creation of unique and sustainable outdoor environments for over 25 years. The firm maintains a diverse and thriving practice with a wide range of project types including urban parks and plazas, campus planning and design, high-end residential, and historic preservation.
We are seeking talented, vibrant designers that will thrive in a creative studio environment. The successful candidates will collaborate with other members of the team on an impressive array of projects and will be involved with all phases of the design process. Both positions offer a competitive salary and benefits package that will be tailored to the successful candidate's qualifications. Bayer Landscape Architecture, PLLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Entry Level Candidates must demonstrate exceptional design, communication, and interpersonal skills, and should have advanced knowledge of AutoCAD, the Adobe Creative Suite, and SketchUp. Candidates must have a Bachelors or Masters Degree in Landscape Architecture. Experience for entry level candidates can range from recent graduates to designers that have completed up to 3 years of professional practice.
Mid-Level Candidates should possess all of the skills outlined in the entry-level position above, plus 4 or more years of solid experience in a professional design office. Preference will be given to mid-level candidates with dual or additional degrees in the related disciplines of Urban Design, Horticulture, Architecture, or Planning. Mid-level candidates are also expected to have excellent technical skills and project management experience.
Project Designer Naperville, IL
Title: Mid-level Landscape Architect City: Indianapolis, IN, Chicago or Naperville, IL Years of Experience: 3-7+ years, Registration attained or in-progress. Compensation: TBD, based on skill and experience levels.
Looking to take your career to the next level? Hitchcock Design Group is looking to hire talented and motivated landscape architects with approximately 3-7 years of experience to join our collaborative team's in our Chicago, Naperville, and Indianapolis offices. Strong digital graphics skill and applicable design firm experience are a must.
If you are interested, please email your resume and portfolio to Sheila Bushong (firstname.lastname@example.org), Principal, for consideration.
Education Requirements: Bachelor's and/or Master's Degree in landscape architecture
Mid-level Landscape Architect/Designer San Anselmo, CA
Studio Five Design is actively seeking a highly motivated landscape architect and/or landscape designer who has 4-10 years of professional experience for immediate employment. Join our team of creative professionals located in the charming downtown area of San Anselmo, CA (in Marin County, 15 minutes north of Golden Gate Bridge). Studio Five Design is a collaborative studio involved in all aspects of Landscape Architecture and Site Planning with foremost experience in Biotech/Tech/Corporate and R&D campuses throughout the bay area, as well as Institutional and Estate Residential projects.
• Technical design and documentation production
• Project management and coordination with consultant teams
• Participation at client, agency and contractor meetings
• Manages and creates project presentations
• Innovate and collaborate with Principals and Staff.
• Coordination on LEED certifications for projects
• Ability and willingness to commit to project deadlines
Skills and Experience Minimum Requirements
• A degree in landscape architecture
• 4-10 years of design and technical experience to include grading, planting, layout and site detailing
• Capable of managing/documenting multiple projects at one time
• Experience with full design services, managing projects through construction stage
• Strong communication skills and enthusiasm about solving unique design challenges
• Certification and/or proficiency in LEED
• Sophisticated design and graphic sensibilities.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, Sketchup and Adobe Creative Suite software packages
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite as well as overall strong computer proficiency
• Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
• Capacity for creative and critical thinking.
• Email resumes and portfolio pdfs and/or link to online portfolio to email@example.com.
• Salary commensurate with experience. Health insurance, 401K, Profit Sharing
Landscape Architect Boston, MA
Title: Landscape Architect City: Boston State: Massachusetts Zip Code: 02118 Country: UNITED STATES Category: Landscape Architects Years of Experience: 2-4 Years Description:
Salary offers will be commensurate with abilities and experience. Excellent benefits offered, including medical, dental and vacation.
Landscape Architect; 2-4 years of experience required.
LeBlanc Jones Landscape Architects, Inc. (www.leblancjones.com) is a Boston-based, nationally recognized Landscape Architecture firm that specializes in private residential and commercial design projects throughout the country.
Skills Required:Landscape Architect: We are seeking a creative designer with an exceptional ability to communicate and represent design ideas. Primary responsibilities of this role will include project management, developing and resolving design concepts, preparing construction documents, and construction observation. Qualified applicants will have a proven ability to prioritize responsibilities and multi-task in a fast paced environment. Comprehensive experience with AutoCAD, Photoshop, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch Up, and Microsoft Office software are required. LEED accreditation is a plus.
Digital copies preferred. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Send hard copies of letter of interest, resume and 8 1/2 x 11" work samples to the mailing address: c/o Serafina Daley, LeBlanc Jones Landscape Architects, Inc., 535 Albany Street, Suite 5A, Boston, MA 02118
No calls, please.
Landscape Architect/Designer Santa Barbara, CA
VAI Van Atta Associates, Inc., is seeking a Landscape Architect/Designer to join our team. As an award winning, design-oriented firm with a reputation for sustainable design, our office has an interesting variety of meaningful projects including Parks & Open Spaces, Campuses, Museums, Foundations and Estate Residences.
A successful candidate must be self-motivated, positive, and passionate towards the pursuit of design excellence.
All phases of landscape architectural design, including:
• Site analysis
• Master planning
• Schematic design
• Design development
• Construction documents
• Graphic design
• Strong design skills and a passion for creativity
• A high degree of self-motivation and resourcefulness
• Highly organized and collaborative
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Knowledge of planting design, materials, and technical aspects of landscape architecture
• Construction document and specification experience
• Construction administration experience
• Proficient with VectorWorks or similar CAD program
• A minimum of 2 years of landscape architecture design experience in a professional design firm
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Landscape Architecture
Please submit cover letter, resume and portfolio (pdf format) to email@example.com
Halff Associates Inc., is seeking to immediately hire a Landscape Architect / Designer with an emphasis in landscape architectural design in its Houston, Texas office. The selected candidate will work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team of landscape architects, planners and others, to provide design and production support on a wide variety of public and private landscape architectural projects. Projects emphasis includes: park, recreation and trail planning and design; urban park, plaza, streetscape and transportation enhancements; land development; and support for large scale planning projects.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a collaborative environment to help clients plan, design and implement projects.
•Landscape architectural and planning project support;
•Work directly with landscape architects/project managers;
•Participate in site inventory and analysis;
•Assist with project research and data compilation to be used in design process;
•Produce conceptual site planning and graphics (hand and digital), schematic/preliminary design plans and graphics, design development and construction documents plans and details;
•Produce quantity take-offs and develop cost estimates;
•Assist with technical specification preparation for bid documents;
•Produce landscape compliance documents for land development projects;
•Produce maps and graphic renderings in support of planning projects.
•Bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture or a closely related field;
•0 to 3 years of experience preferred, but new graduates will be considered;
•Well organized, detail oriented, and highly motivated;
•Demonstrated experience with industry software applications (AutoCAD, Sketch Up, Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop/InDesign, Microsoft Office, Arc/GIS a plus).
•Ability to travel periodically primarily in state to support project needs.
Commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates who meet or exceed the above qualifications are invited to submit a letter of interest, resume, and writing/graphic samples of recent work. If collaborative work is shown, credit team members and note your role where applicable.
14800 St. Mary's Lane, Suite 160
Houston, TX 77079-2943
Denise Sims, Human Resources Recruiter
1201 N Bowser Rd
Richardson, TX 75081-2275
Direct: (214) 346-6355
Estimator San Pedro, CA
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Candidate must possess technical understanding of RFP's and bid documents and communicate with Landscape Architects and General Contractors to define an appropriate scope of work to bid.
• Resourcefulness to produce budgetary estimates from schematic bid sets.
• Perspicacity of subcontractor bids and vendor quotes.
• Ability to coordinate bidding of multiple projects simultaneously.
• Equanimity to manage and meet tight deadlines while still producing accurate takeoffs and bids.
• A meticulous approach to reviews of estimates as well as careful and detailed work habits to ensure estimate accuracy.
• Ability to collaborate with co-workers as a team to ensure success.
• 2+ years' experience in Landscape Architecture, Architecture or Engineering Firm required
• Undergraduate degree in finance, business or related field required
• Excellent communication skills and strong work ethic
• High proficiency in computer knowledge, with Microsoft Office including MS Word, Outlook and Excel, Adobe Acrobat and experience with estimating software
• Must have own vehicle, with insurance and clean driving record.
• Our office is in the charming PBID district of downtown San Pedro and offers a casual but professional environment with unique shops and restaurants within walking distance
• Competitive salary, based on experience, with Benefit package including Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA), 401(K), PTO, and paid holidays.
• Major growth potential and exposure to the field of high profile Landscape Architecture.
Please apply via the following format:
1. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
2. In the Subject Header enter: "Estimator, your First & Last Name"
3. In the body of the email, please tell us why you are right for this job.
4. Attach a non-generic Cover Letter and your Resume as a PDF document (Word documents and resumes copy/pasted to the body of the email will not be accepted.)
About Regenerative Design Studios
RDS is a landscape design/build and consulting firm with offices in the PBID District of Downtown San Pedro. With over a decade of practice, our approach to projects is both passionate and pragmatic with equal emphasis on design and implementation. We place high priority on collaboration and service, striving in partnership with our clients to create environments that enhance the quality of life where people live, learn, work and play.
RDS is a fun place to work hard. RDS employees possess passion for design, digital curiosity, a respect for history and an enthusiasm for the future. As a team we are committed to creating a work environment that promotes design excellence, professional integrity, a people-centered studio culture and individual growth.
Landscape Architect St. Petersburg, FL
Booth Design Group is looking for a registered, or actively seeking, landscape architect with 3-5 years of experience who is interested in working on a variety of projects. Residential, condo towers, parks, resorts, master planned communities and universities are just a few of our sectors. We pride ourselves on our customer service and attention to details that allow our small firm to stand out.
The position includes project research, design development drawings, construction documentation, presentation renderings, and site inspections. A bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture from an accredited program is required.
Must be proficient in AutoCAD 2010 or higher, Sketch Up, Adobe Suite Products CS 2 or higher, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Applicants are preferred to have strong graphics skills in conveying clear and illustrative landscape and hardscape designs. Must have a passion for design, an eagerness to learn and flexible skills.
If you are interested in furthering your career with our firm, please send us your resume and color portfolio. Please keep all files under 10MB. Email email@example.com.
Landscape Architect Kansas City, MO
We are a multidisciplinary design firm with a deep commitment to high-quality innovative design. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, an energetic work place, on-going training opportunities, and a generous environment that enables employee interests and strengths to flourish. BNIM has offices in San Diego, Los Angeles, Des Moines, and Kansas City.
Our highly collaborative Landscape Architecture practice works with industry-leading designers and subject experts on diverse projects across the country. Our projects encompass site and streetscape design, urban design, planning at community and regional scales, and community engagement. Our work is highly integrated with other design disciplines, across our offices and outside of the firm.
We are looking for a designer with the curiosity and passion to take on projects from conceptual design through construction documentation. Candidates must be interested in working in an interdisciplinary setting, and should possess excellent graphic and verbal communication skills. Candidates must have a degree from an accredited Landscape Architecture program. 2-5 years of professional experience is preferred. Proficiency in AutoCAD and Sketchup are required.
This is an excellent growth opportunity for a Landscape Architect who wants to explore new design ideas and get involved in all phases of design projects.
If you are interested, please forward a letter of interest, resume and examples of design work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information about us can be found on our website at www.bnim.com.
BNIM is an equal opportunity employer.
Entry-Level Design and Planning Professional Houston, TX
This position is available in our Houston, Texas office.
We are seeking an entry-level landscape design professional with 1-3 years of experience working in a design firm. Exceptional graphic, AutoCAD, analysis and digital production skills are required. Proficiency in Adobe Suite and ArcGIS with examples of mapping and analysis are required in addition to proven experience with construction documentation. The ability to produce high-quality illustrations and computerized models in 3-D Max and/or SketchUp and impeccable writing skills are essential. Additional requirements include strong technical skills (grading, construction knowledge) as well as a positive attitude and open mind towards involvement on a wide range of project types. Candidates must be energetic, self-motivated, possess strong communication skills and great leadership qualities and take initiative. Candidates must have strong writing skills and learn new skills quickly. An undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited landscape architecture program is required. Candidates with a master's degree or dual degrees in both landscape architecture and urban design or planning are strongly encouraged to apply.
In an effort to continue to be sensitive to the environment and to limit the use of precious resources, we request that applicants apply through our online employment application. Please address your specific and long-term interest in the Houston, Texas office in your cover letter. Please note your resume, cover letter and portfolio must be in one document under 10 megs in size. The deadline to apply is 11:59pm MDT on Wednesday, October 5.
Design Workshop is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Associate Principal Landscape Architect Oakland, CA
15-20 years of private practice leadership experience; Undergraduate or Masters degree in Landscape Architecture; Professional licensure in Landscape Architecture in California or ability to obtain reciprocity
Golden Associates is seeking an Associate Principal with a passion for the profession who is motivated to lead a team of talented landscape architects and help grow our firm. Golden Associates is an award-winning, Landscape Architecture, Urban Design, and Planning firm located in Oakland, California. We are passionate about providing innovative and sustainable design solutions that create a memorable sense of place. With over 30 years of professional experience, we specialize in urban design, streetscapes, parks and open space, corporate campus, education, and transportation projects and serve a wide range of public and private clients in the Bay Area. Golden Associates is located in the historic Rotunda Building in downtown Oakland near the 12th Street BART Station.
• Excellent design skills and ability to develop and present design solutions and winning strategies to meet our client’s needs.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• Excellent business development and project management skills. Ability to lead a multi-disciplinary project team through design and document production on a variety of project types
• Creative, enthusiastic and passionate work ethic
• Self-motivated and capable of working independently
• Ability to quickly understand client and project needs
• Ability to prepare winning project proposals and negotiate contracts
For More Information / To Apply:
Please submit one pdf (10mb max) containing the following information to email@example.com:
• Cover letter
• Resume with professional references (minimum of 3)
• Portfolio with work samples
The Landscape Architecture Foundation (LAF) seeks a highly-organized, results-oriented Program Manager to join our small, dynamic, and collaborative team. The Program Manager supports LAF’s Landscape Performance Series initiatives and plays a critical role in achieving LAF’s mission. The full-time, 40 hour/week position in Washington, DC offers a first-hand opportunity to guide transformative research and promote “next practices” in sustainable design.
LAF is a national environmental organization that invests in research, scholarships, and leadership to increase our collective capacity to achieve sustainability through landscape architecture. The size and impact of the 50-year-old organization has grown substantially in recent years, and the Program Manager joins a passionate and forward-thinking team.
Case Study Investigation (CSI)
The Program Manager manages all aspects of LAF’s signature Case Study Investigation (CSI) program, which runs February-August each year. CSI is a unique research collaboration that matches LAF-funded student-faculty research teams with leading practitioners to document the benefits of exemplary high-performing landscape projects. Primary responsibilities include:
• Lead the annual CSI program to ensure high participant satisfaction and high quality deliverables.
• Recruit, select, and serve as the face of LAF and point of contact for all program participants (faculty, students, and practitioners).
• Conduct critical review and provide feedback on all program deliverables, particularly the Case Study Briefs and methods.
• Manage legal and administrative aspects of the program including MOUs and payments
• Develop/update program webinars and other training materials.
• Use remote conferencing and collaboration technologies to schedule and lead participant webinars, conduct team check-ins, and facilitate collaboration.
Landscape Performance Series (LPS)
The Program Manager also leads and provides support for other Landscape Performance Series initiatives, including:
• Manage LAF’s grants and fee-for-service work to conduct performance assessments, including development of metrics, post-occupancy evaluations, and/or site monitoring.
• Assist with building content for LandscapePerformance.org, including case study development, actively seeking tools and Fast Facts, monitoring landscape performance news, and curating Collections
• Lead LAF’s initiatives to integrate landscape performance into design education, including the Landscape Performance Education Grants program and Resources for Educators section of LandscapePerformance.org.
• Develop and lead lunch-and-learns, webinars, workshops and other trainings related to landscape performance.
• Attend and/or present at relevant professional conferences (2-5 per year).
Program Evaluation and Planning
In 2017, LAF will develop a 5-year strategic plan for the organization. The Program Manager will lead the analysis and make recommendations for LAF’s landscape performance work, including:
• Conduct an in-depth evaluation of the CSI program over its 6-year history,
through an analysis of the case studies and evaluation methods, as well as interviews with past program participants.
• Conduct an analysis and make recommendations for LAF grant/fee-for-service work to conduct performance assessments.
Other duties include general organizational and communications support:
• Contribute to the LAF website, blog, newsletter, social media channels, and other communications pieces.
• Cultivate relationships with professional and academic partners.
• Attend and provide program updates at biannual meetings of the LAF Board of Directors and monthly Research Committee calls.
• Assist with grant applications (3-5 per year) and fundraising activities
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Landscape Architecture, Urban Planning, Environmental Design, Urban Ecology, or related field(s)
• At least 2-5 years of proven program/project management experience, including managing contractors/partners to achieve desired outcomes
• Strong analytical, quantitative, systems and critical thinking skills
• Familiarity with quantitative research methods
• Ability to track deadlines and manage competing priorities
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including writing and editing skills
• Personable, creative, collaborative, and resourceful persona
• Ability to travel approximately 4-6 times per year for outreach and conferences.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
• Familiarity with tools to facilitate remote communication and collaboration (e.g. Skype, GoToMeeting, Dropbox, Google Drive)
• Ability to stay highly-organized and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced small organization
• Master’s degree
• Experience in conducting trainings and/or presentations
• Familiarity with social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) and simple web publishing tools (e.g. WordPress)
Starting salary range is $45,000 - $52,000, commensurate with experience. LAF offers opportunities for growth based on employee performance. LAF provides a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, vacation/sick pay, and an employer-matching 401(k) program.
The ideal start date is Fall 2016. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Submit letter of interest, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Program Manager position”. Please indicate how you found this opportunity. No phone calls please.
Shipped out a stunning set of these to a customer today. We love how our Oil Rubbed Bronze finish came out on these. We use a high quality eletroplating pocess to finish our water features. If you are looking to add some pizazz to your landscape,…Continue
California is considering updating their reciprocity qualifications. there are a number of us who are licensed in another state that had softer qualifications (experience or unrelated degrees) to sit for the LARE. However, even though we have…Continue
Hi. My name is Shawn. I've been through the whole catch-22 experience loop for far too long (since 2009) and I really need to figure something out. Anybody have any thoughts on what I need to do to get employed by a design/drafting office? I know…Continue
June 28, 2015Dear Land8 Members:ANY LAND8 member should feel free to add their own comments here.EDITORIAL: It's my opinion......that EVERY student who earns a Landscape Architecture Degree. (4 yr., 5 yr. or Masters in Landscape Architectures)…Continue