Landscape Architect East Grand Rapids, MI
M. C. SMITH ASSOCIATES
529 Greenwood Ave SE,
East Grand Rapids, MI 49506
Landscape Architect Immediate Opening:
2-4 Years’ Experience
If you are looking for a position that offers opportunities and work on a range of interesting projects, please contact us. We are an award winning Landscape Architectural firm with an Architectural component that provides services for Park and Recreation projects; Downtown Planning and Streetscapes; Sports and Recreation facilities; site and community master planning; and a wide range of other interesting site design projects. Our office is in the City of East Grand Rapids, Michigan, a village-like, traditional community adjacent to, and part of the Grand Rapids metropolitan area. Grand Rapids is a comprehensive community providing all levels of social amenities and with great environmental features. We are seeking individuals for positions who have excellent academic credentials, and are interested in working on high-profile projects. If you are interested in a position with outstanding personal/professional growth, contact us. Qualified applicants must have Experience and Professional Skills in preparing Site Plans, Construction Documents, Master Plans, and Presentation Graphics along with Strong Technical Skills with Proficiency with AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch-Up and MS Office. Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited United States University E-mail resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Landscape Designer Amagansett, NY
-Prepare project estimates and generate bid proposals
-Manage proposal budget
-Manage client accounts and resolve client issues
-Work with installation crews
Salary commensurate with experience. $40,000+. Email resume to email@example.com.
Project Manager Minneapolis, MN
Topo is a landscape architecture/landscape construction firm specializing in distinctive residential estates. We are seeking a Project Manager to join our collaborative firm.
Candidates must have a minimum of 5 yrs of experience with a working knowledge of residential building construction and be able to work closely with clients in developing projects from the design phase through construction. We are looking for team-oriented individuals who and have strong organizational and verbal communication skills who share our passion for landscape architecture.
Strong understanding and knowledge of zoning regulations, building codes, and site requirements
Highly proficient in AutoCAD and SketchUp
Skilled in Adobe software
Experience in Revit a plus
Compensation and benefits are generous and commensurate with professional experience and demonstrated knowledge. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your resume, cover letter and examples or your work in pdf format. Only fully qualified candidates should apply
Landscape Architect East Hampton, NY
Landscape Details is a well established high end residential Landscape/Construction company on the East End of Long Island. We are seeking a Landscape Architect who is committed to the creation and development of exemplary landscape architecture from concept through execution. The majority of our work is complete landscape master plan development and project management services. Our office environment is fast paced, creative and collaborative on projects.
We are looking for a highly creative and detail oriented individual to join our team of designers. Candidates must be highly creative and efficient in residential site planning and landscape design. Candidate must be comfortable supervising junior staff, be proficient in Auto-cad and have very strong hand graphic abilities. In addition, a candidate must have strong communication skills, experience in financial reviewing and a thorough knowledge of plant material. Estimating experience is a plus.
Must be a self-motivated, team player and highly organized. Salary commensurate with experience. Great benefits.
Contact: Ann Fitzpatrick (email@example.com)
Landscape Architect Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Keith and Schnars (K&S) is a premier, multi-disciplinary, engineering consulting firm that has been doing business throughout the state of Florida since 1972. With over four decades of experience in the industry, the K&S name has become synonymous high quality work, innovation, and competent, dedicated staff, all while maintaining its warm, family-like atmosphere. The firm’s extensive client list includes various water management districts, governmental agencies, counties/municipalities and private sector clients throughout the state of Florida.
If you are interested in a company possessing stability, rich history, and advancing career paths, please visit our website to apply at www.ksfla.com. Alternatively, please email your resume to Becky Schoenfeld at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entry Level & Landscape Architect
Keith and Schnars is looking for a motivated and driven Entry Level to Experienced Landscape Architects to join our Ft. Lauderdale Landscape Architecture Team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Managing projects
• Preparing landscape and irrigation plans
• Quality control and plan review
• Perform field inspections and write observation reports
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture
• FDOT project experience is required
• Knowledge of FDOT Design Standards and Specifications is required
• Knowledge of South Florida plant material
• Proficient in CAD, Microstation, Adobe Creative Suite and related 3D rending software
Keith and Schnars, P.A. is an (EEO) Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and (DFWP) Drug-Free Workplace which offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including 401k.
Landscape Architect / Project Manager San Francisco, CA
Boxleaf Design is an award-winning, full-service landscape architectural firm based in San Francisco. We have a commitment to creating timeless and contemporary exterior spaces with a focus on customized solutions, sustainability and longevity. The individual needs of our diverse and sophisticated client base is the catalyst of every project. Thus, each of our designs is unique, highly custom and precisely detailed. Our growing network of high-end residential and small commercial clients is located throughout the Bay Area from Healdsburg to Santa Cruz.
The Boxleaf Design team is a tight-knit group of highly experienced professionals, who share a sense of optimism, enthusiasm and passion for what we do. Close collaboration with many of the Bay Area’s top architects, interior designers and consultants is paramount to our process. As a full-service landscape architectural firm, our work encompasses everything from initial concept design through the entire construction implementation process.
We are seeking candidates for the position of Landscape Architect/Project Manager to join our growing team. The position requires involvement in all facets of the design and management process. We are looking for detail oriented, organized and self-motivated designers, who share our passion for landscape architecture, the construction process and client relations. Our rapidly growing practice requires all team members to be highly focused and driven with the ability to multi-task and communicate clearly.
-Must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Landscape Architecture, Landscape Design, or related, from an accredited University or College
-Must have minimum 3 years of post-graduate related professional experience
-Licensed Landscape Architect (California) is preferred
-Must have experience with full-scope landscape design projects, from concept level through design development, construction documents and construction observation
-Project Management experience preferred
-Highly proficient in Auto CAD, Illustrator, Photoshop, In Design
-Strong organizational and time management skills to manage the workload in a fast-paced environment
-Communicate effectively and directly with design team, consultants and clients
-Knowledge of California plant material is preferred
-Valid drivers license preferred
-Personal vehicle preferred
-In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire
-Full time position starting immediately (Jan 2017)
-Salary will be based on experience
-Boxleaf Design offers paid vacation, sick time, health insurance and professional development
-Email resume, cover letter, and portfolio/samples of relevant work in PDF format (up to 25MB, link to download if larger) to email@example.com.
-Include “Applicant for LA/PM Position” in subject line.
-No phone calls please.
Landscape & Pool Design / Sales Houston,Texas
Landscape Designer/Sales Professional
Downunda Pools - Humble, TX
We have a part time opening for a self – motivated, experienced landscape / swimming pool designer / sales professional with an established high end outdoor living company.
Design and sales of luxury outdoor living spaces, offering swimming pools, outdoor kitchens, landscaping with irrigation systems, drainage, water, fire fixtures, accents and lighting.
• Meet with potential clients,
• Act upon sales leads in a timely manner with the highest level of customer service
• Translate our customers described plans into outdoor living designs
• Ensure all paperwork for each project is handled to company specifications • Prepare estimates and contracts
• Meet all customer expected deadlines with some exceptions
• Provide Daily and weekly accountability reporting
• Respect company confidentiality
• Must have landscape design and construction experience.
• Swimming pool and outdoor kitchen experience preferred.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Proven customer service experience
• Exceptional organization and time management skills
• Ability to work independently with little supervision.
• Flexible hours, but some nights and weekends may be required
• Must have own vehicle vehicle with current proof of insurance.
Please email your information and application to firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: Part Time Designer
Landscape Architect or Designer Sussex, WI
LandWorks is a full-service landscape firm serving high-end, quality-oriented property owners throughout southeastern Wisconsin. Our Design-Build team, including seven Landscape Architects and Designers, works hand-in-hand with our skilled craftsmen to engineer and build technically sophisticated landscapes. Our unique projects, which are often long term, require close collaboration with team members from the time of design through project completion.
We are seeking a Landscape Architect or Designer who will support an award-winning lead Landscape Architect in a long-term capacity. Partnering side by side with the lead L.A., you will play an integral role in successfully realizing his vision for each project.
Assist the lead Landscape Architect in preparing technical plans, details and calculations using AutoCAD
Create presentation graphics for clients and review boards using hand graphics, SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suite
Perform takeoffs and prepare estimates for client acceptance
Perform site inventory and analysis, both independently and with the team
Assist with administration of projects, including vendor selection, on-site meetings, and preparation of work orders, permit applications, change orders and invoicing
On-site project visits as needed, to communicate design intent to the crew and to monitor installation quality
Communicate with the lead Landscape Architect, Expeditor and appropriate production staff to keep projects moving efficiently
Communicate with client as directed by lead LA
Other duties as assigned
Direct field experience; time spent building a project
Experienced with AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite and hand graphics
Technical competence with landscape concepts including drainage, grading, planting, landscape masonry, water features and lighting
Project management – ability to see a project through from beginning to end
Enjoy engineering and logistical challenges
Leadership and Communication
Outstanding communication and follow-through
Team oriented – enjoys collaborating and working in a team environment as much as working independently
Able to build mutually respectful relationships with crews and clients
Extremely organized and detail oriented
Able to manage multiple short- and long-term deadlines
Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic environment
Skilled at critical thinking
Passion and pride for your work, coupled with a humble demeanor
Interest in the historical significance of properties/buildings
An infectious upbeat outlook and positive approach to issue resolution
The Landscape Architecture Foundation (LAF) seeks a highly-organized, results-oriented Program Manager to join our small, dynamic, and collaborative team. The Program Manager supports LAF’s Landscape Performance Series initiatives and plays a critical role in achieving LAF’s mission. The full-time, 40 hour/week position in Washington, DC offers a first-hand opportunity to guide transformative research and promote “next practices” in sustainable design.
LAF is a national environmental organization that invests in research, scholarships, and leadership to increase our collective capacity to achieve sustainability through landscape architecture. The size and impact of the 50-year-old organization has grown substantially in recent years, and the Program Manager joins a passionate and forward-thinking team.
Case Study Investigation (CSI)
The Program Manager manages all aspects of LAF’s signature Case Study Investigation (CSI) program, which runs February-August each year. CSI is a unique research collaboration that matches LAF-funded student-faculty research teams with leading practitioners to document the benefits of exemplary high-performing landscape projects. Primary responsibilities include:
• Lead the annual CSI program to ensure high participant satisfaction and high quality deliverables.
• Recruit, select, and serve as the face of LAF and point of contact for all program participants (faculty, students, and practitioners).
• Conduct critical review and provide feedback on all program deliverables, particularly the Case Study Briefs and methods.
• Manage legal and administrative aspects of the program including MOUs and payments
• Develop/update program webinars and other training materials.
• Use remote conferencing and collaboration technologies to schedule and lead participant webinars, conduct team check-ins, and facilitate collaboration.
Landscape Performance Series (LPS)
The Program Manager also leads and provides support for other Landscape Performance Series initiatives, including:
• Manage LAF’s grants and fee-for-service work to conduct performance assessments, including development of metrics, post-occupancy evaluations, and/or site monitoring.
• Assist with building content for LandscapePerformance.org, including case study development, actively seeking tools and Fast Facts, monitoring landscape performance news, and curating Collections
• Lead LAF’s initiatives to integrate landscape performance into design education, including the Landscape Performance Education Grants program and Resources for Educators section of LandscapePerformance.org.
• Develop and lead lunch-and-learns, webinars, workshops and other trainings related to landscape performance.
• Attend and/or present at relevant professional conferences (2-5 per year).
Program Evaluation and Planning
In 2017, LAF will develop a 5-year strategic plan for the organization. The Program Manager will lead the analysis and make recommendations for LAF’s landscape performance work, including:
• Conduct an in-depth evaluation of the CSI program over its 6-year history, through an analysis of the case studies and evaluation methods, as well as interviews with past program participants.
• Conduct an analysis and make recommendations for LAF grant/fee-for-service work to conduct performance assessments.
Other duties include general organizational and communications support:
• Contribute to the LAF website, blog, newsletter, social media channels, and other communications pieces.
• Cultivate relationships with professional and academic partners.
• Attend and provide program updates at biannual meetings of the LAF Board of Directors and monthly Research Committee calls.
• Assist with grant applications (3-5 per year) and fundraising activities
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Landscape Architecture, Urban Planning, Environmental Design, Urban Ecology, or related field(s)
• At least 2-5 years of proven program/project management experience, including managing contractors/partners to achieve desired outcomes
• Strong analytical, quantitative, systems and critical thinking skills
• Familiarity with quantitative research methods
• Ability to track deadlines and manage competing priorities
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including writing and editing skills
• Personable, creative, collaborative, and resourceful persona
• Ability to travel approximately 4-6 times per year for outreach and conferences.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
• Familiarity with tools to facilitate remote communication and collaboration (e.g. Skype, GoToMeeting, Dropbox, Google Drive)
• Ability to stay highly-organized and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced small organization
• Master’s degree
• Experience in conducting trainings and/or presentations
• Familiarity with social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) and simple web publishing tools (e.g. WordPress)
Starting salary range is $45,000 - $52,000, commensurate with experience. LAF offers opportunities for growth based on employee performance. LAF provides a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, vacation/sick pay, and an employer-matching 401(k) program.
The ideal start date is Fall 2016. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Submit letter of interest, resume, and three references to email@example.com with the subject line “Program Manager position”. Please indicate how you found this opportunity. No phone calls please.
LAF is a national 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 1966 with the mission to protect, improve, and enhance the environment by increasing our collective capacity to achieve sustainability through landscape architecture.
Entry Level Project Designer San Diego, CA
We are seeking a full time, Entry Level Project Designer (0-3 years’ experience) in the field of landscape architecture for our San Diego office.
Urban Arena [UA] is a multi-disciplinary firm on the cutting edge of Landscape Architecture, Architecture, Planning & Design. With offices in San Diego, Costa Mesa, and Oakland, UA attracts a diverse group of professionals working on a range of projects from Urban Villages, Retail & Entertainment Centers, Model Homes, Master-Planned Residential Communities, Community Parks, High-Density Housing & Sports Complexes. Check out our work at www.UrbanArena.com
At UA, we pride ourselves on doing things a little different. We create innovative & forward-thinking design solutions that break away from run of the mill projects. The Project Designer will work directly with the Landscape Architecture team & assist in the design & creation of projects ranging from small parks to large, master-planned communities.
UA believes that when our employees are happy, we, as a company, produce our best work. That’s why we balance work & play – whether it’s off-site “UA Days”, happy hours or 3 pm office walks, we live by the motto that where you work should also be where you enjoy being – and we squeeze as much fun into our work week as possible.
Full-time employees receive vacation, sick days & paid holidays. Full medical, dental & vision coverage are provided in addition to strong continuing education support on an individual basis. We offer flexible working hours with four nine-hour days & a half day every Friday. Compensation is based on skills & experience.
- 0 to 3 years’ experience. UA is willing to take on an applicant with limited experience who is ready to learn quickly. We care about our employee’s growth & are willing to teach
-A degree in Landscape Architecture or related field of study
-Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Photoshop & InDesign
-Ability to work within a team environment. We are a growing office with an open & collaborative environment. Team chemistry is key.
-Self-starter with a “can-do” attitude. UA offers employees a wide variety of opportunity & responsibility. We’re looking for candidates who can take a project or task & run with it
A Plus [but not required]:
-Knowledge of additional programs such as Land F/X, Revit, Sketchup,3D Max & Excel -Work experience in a Landscape Architect’s office
How to apply:
Please email cover letter, resume, and portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put “Project Designer” in the Subject line. No phone calls or drop-ins please.
D & A Dunlevy Landscapers, Inc. is searching for a qualified, motivated, and dependable candidate to join our landscape design and sales team. We are a full service landscape company that provides both residential and commercial services to the Washington, D.C. Metro area. Our design-build firm is taking on new design projects and looking for a candidate that can help build upon our growing company. The Landscape Designer / Landscape Architect position is a design based position with a blend of sales, field layout, and project coordination.
The advertised position has a generous salary and offers a benefit package including paid vacation, a retirement plan, and health insurance.
Landscape Designer/Architect will:
–Work at the direction of the Head of Sales and Design to develop full-scale designs and enhancements
-Meet with prospective clients and develop proposals based on client meetings
-Provide enhancement services in conjunction with Maintenance Account Manager
-Build proposals utilizing landscape architecture plans and site specifications
-Coordinate with subcontractors to obtain bids for proposals
Qualified Candidate MUST:
-Have a degree in Landscape Architecture, Landscape Design, or related
-Have experience with full-scope Landscape design projects, from concept level through design development and construction documents
-Possess knowledge of construction and masonry methods and practices
-Possess a working knowledge of horticulture and arboriculture, including plant identification
-Possess integrity, a great work ethic, and a great attitude
-Have strong organizational and time management skills to manage the workload in a fast-paced environment
-Communicate effectively with team members and clients
-Possess strong oral and written skills
-Be able to operate comfortably in collaborative design sessions
-Have the desire to continually learn new skills and share knowledge with all other team members
-Possess a valid drivers license
Contact: Amelia Byrne - email@example.com
Landscape Designer Cincinnati, OH
Summary: Dan Druffel Inc. is a high-end design/ build firm in Cincinnati seeking an extremely creative person to be a member of our Design team.
Dan Druffel Inc. has an immediate job opening for an entry-level landscape designer who will provide overall assistance and support to the senior staff to expedite design and estimating production. The objective is to produce high level design solutions for our clients and assist in anyway possible to improve the company.
Entry Level Designer essential duties and responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to: 1. DESIGN PRODUCTION
a. Field measurements and creation of base plans.
b. CAD production
c. Design with the supervision of the senior design staff
d. Presentation graphics
e. Construction details
2. CLIENT MEETINGS
a. Listen to client needs
b. Prepare design proposals based on client meeting
c. Type up and document meeting minutes
a. Arranging bid meetings with sub contractors
b. Material take offs
c. Construction estimates
4. PROJECT MANAGEMENT
a. Creating project schedules
b. Arranging construction meeting with subcontractors
c. Application for permits when required
d. Project layout
5. ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES
a. Document management
b. Applying for Landscape Awards
c. Portfolio management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Possess a thorough knowledge of zone 5 and 6 plant material
• Possess artistic ability and creativity
• Skills including proficiency in AutoCAD, Land F/X, Photoshop, and Sketchup
• Strong communication skills by both email & phone
• Excellent work ethic and promptness
• Outstanding listening skills & the ability to interpret instructions
• Ability to operate independently and take responsibility and initiative
• Ability to produce needed drawings & documentation with minimum supervision
Benefits: Competitive salary based on experience. Full time position 40 hours + during peak season. Paid vacation, health insurance, retirement plan.
Please email resume, cover letter and samples of design work, up to 5MB total, in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Staff Designer Charlottesville, VA & New York, NY
Staff Designer (experience 1-3 years), New York, NY & Charlottesville, VA
Nelson Byrd Woltz Landscape Architects, a design practice with offices in Virginia and New York is seeking a Staff Designer for locations. Designers with one (1) to three (3) years experience are desired. We are committed to design excellence in the creation of landscapes that are sustainable and honor ecological and cultural contexts of place. The broad knowledge base and diverse backgrounds of our staff contributes greatly to the firm’s ability to work on a diverse range of projects and to respond effectively to individual client needs.
Successful candidates will demonstrate strong design and graphic production skills including hand drawing and rendering. Candidates should have a full range of project experience from conceptual design through construction administration. Strong consideration will be given to those candidates with proficiency developing construction documentation. Candidates must be detail oriented, efficient, adaptable to changing deadlines and priorities and work well collaboratively. Designers are expected to think critically and contribute creatively to the design process. The ideal candidate will share NBW’s commitment to design excellence.
*One (1) to three (3) years of applicable experience in a professional setting *Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD and MS Office required
*Working knowledge of 3-D modeling programs Rhino or SketchUp and associated plug-ins
*Working knowledge of GIS and Revit preferred
*Ability to construct and administer CAD drawings in accordance with office standards
*Construction document and detailing experience
*Strong oral, written and graphic communication skills
*Excellent time-management and organizational skills
*Ability to self-edit work and command a high level of accuracy
*Ability to travel to client locations and work occasional nights/weekends
MLA or M.Arch desired; BSLA/BLA or related degrees will be considered based on experience and design strength
NBW offers excellent benefits and a competitive salary commensurate with experience. EOE.
Send resume, cover letter and samples of design work, up to 5MB total, in PDF format to hiring (AT) nbwla (DOT) com. Please indicate location preference.
Landscape Design Associate Palo Alto, CA
Verdance Design Group seeks an extraordinary Landscape Design Associate to join our team in January 2017.
The ideal candidate is an effective project manager, a polished brand ambassador and an insightful designer. They are entirely comfortable in a lead role with clientele and associates, and can successfully coordinate office operations as well as landscape installations. They communicate clearly both verbally and visually, with strong freehand and digital drafting skills. Others describe them as strategic, diligent, disciplined, curious and resourceful. They consistently demonstrate outstanding initiative, attention to detail and resource management on both simple and complex projects.
Qualifications and Competencies:
The successful Landscape Design Associate will demonstrate the following qualifications:
•Personable, energetic and professional, with a record of success in client-facing roles.
•Excellent organization, time management and responsiveness to deadlines.
•Strong understanding and application of graphic and landscape design principles.
•Knowledge of horticulture and regionally appropriate plants.
•Proficiency with recent versions of Vectorworks Landmark and/or AutoCAD.
•Proficiency with freehand drafting of plan, section/elevation and perspective views.
•Experience with digital filing and workflow tools.
•Experience with business management including finance and marketing.
•Proficiency with Microsoft Office and/or Google productivity applications.
The Landscape Design Associate will be responsible for the delight of our clientele and the prosperity of the firm by:
•Managing residential landscape design project timelines, resources and deliverables.
•Communicating with and coordinating clientele, contractors and vendors.
•Collaborating with the firm's principal in all phases of design, from defining program criteria through exploring concepts, producing installation plans and evaluating contractor bids.
•Researching and recommending plants, finishes, fixtures, furnishings and other specifications.
•Anticipating and responding to the needs of clientele and contractors on- and off-site throughout project installations.
•Creating, implementing and managing business systems and studio procedures to improve operating efficiency.
•Refining and executing the firm's marketing strategy to increase qualified inquiries from prospective clients.
•Cultivating strategic relationships with industry peers and partners to increase qualified referrals.
•Responding to inquiries by prospective clients, vendors, partners and media.
Hours, Location and Travel: This is a part-time position requiring 25–30 hours per week. The Landscape Design Associate will work four or five days a week at the firm’s office in downtown Palo Alto, CA, with the option to work remotely one day a week. There is the opportunity for advancement and full-time work for the right individual. Occasionally the Landscape Design Associate may be asked to travel either with the firm’s principal or independently to other locations for meetings, project management, vendors, education, or other purposes. The Landscape Design Associate will use their own transportation and must possess liability insurance and a clean driving record.
Start Date and Pay: Position is open in January 2017. Pay is commensurate with experience.
About Verdance Design Group: Verdance Design Group creates beautifully functional spaces that celebrate where we live. Our designs consistently earn industry awards for their imaginative yet practical solutions. With thoughtful attention to detail in both our process and our product, we honor our environment and delight our clients. The firm's principal, John Black, is a member of the Association of Professional Landscape Designers (APLD); the American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA); and the California Landscape Contractors Association (CLCA). Our web site is www.verdancedesign.com.
Application: Applicants must provide a letter of interest, résumé, at least three samples of your landscape design work, one sample of your best writing, and contact information for three professional references. Email all of the above to email@example.com with the subject "Landscape Design Associate candidate". Please, no phone calls.
* Because neither the firm nor its principal is licensed to practice landscape architecture, this position is not eligible for credit toward the Landscape Architect Registration Examination (LARE).
Draftsperson Santa Clara, CA
0-4 Years, knowledgeable with AutoCAD, SketchUp, Revit, Civil 3D, Microsoft Office Suite, and Microsoft Project.
A Bachelor of Science Degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited College or University is required. Candidates with a degree in the field of Civil Engineering, Architecture or a related field will also be considered although Landscape Architecture is the preferred degree.
Draftsperson responsibilities include but are not limited to preparation of graphics, manual and/or computer aided (CAD) drafting, meeting preparation, and production of landscape construction documents and packages.
Qualifications include solid design, hand graphics, rendering skills, ability to multi-task, and strong communication skills both written and verbal. Knowledge of California plant material, an understanding of irrigation design, and AutoCAD proficiency is desirable. Professional experience in the industry is the ideal candidate and recently graduated or graduating students will also be considered for this position.
A comprehensive benefit package is offered including vacation time, sick /well time (PTO), paid holidays, professional development, 401(k), profit sharing, and medical, dental, vision, life, flex and health savings plans. The starting annual salary is dependent upon experience.
Job Captain/Project Manager I Santa Clara, CA
Desired experience is a minimum 2 years with a landscape architecture firm, and proficient in the latest version of AutoCAD, SketchUp, Revit, Microsoft Office Suite, and Microsoft Project.
A Bachelor of Science Degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited College or University is required. Advanced degrees in the same area of study or that of Architecture, Engineering, Planning, or related fields are also desirable.
The primary role of the Job Captain/Project Manager is to assist the PM II & PM III in the preparation of graphics, meeting preparation, client needs and landscape construction documents/packages and a supportive team member. The Job Captain will be responsible to the Project manager. The responsibilities include management of projects as well as direct supervision of the drafting personnel. The Job Captain will also be responsible for drafting and other assistance as required to complete all assigned projects.
We are looking for team players with strong leadership and management experience who are familiar with the needs of public agencies and educational institutions. The ideal candidate will have solid design, hand graphics and rendering skills coupled with a working knowledge of AutoCAD. Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, along with the ability to multi-task are required. In addition, employee must have a working knowledge of the use of Northern California plant materials, irrigation, grading, drainage, materials and construction. A California Landscape Architecture license is strongly desired. Candidates working towards licensure are also encouraged to apply.
A comprehensive benefit package is offered including vacation/sick/well time (PTO), paid holidays, professional development and training, 401(k), profit sharing, and medical, dental, vision, life, and flex and health savings plans. The starting annual salary is dependent upon experience.
Experienced Design and Planning Professional (3-5 years) Chicago, IL
Design Workshop Inc. is an internationally recognized firm focused on landscape architecture, urban design, community and regional planning, market analysis and strategic services. We believe that when environment, economics, art and community are combined in harmony with the dictates of the land and needs of society, magical places result- sustainable places of timeless beauty, significant value and enduring quality. Through a closely collaborative process at all levels, Design Workshop is dedicated to creating legacy projects for our clients, for society and for the well-being of our planet.
Our pioneering efforts have been recognized with more than 260 awards from such organizations as the American Society of Landscape Architects, the American Planning Association and the Urban Land Institute.
Experienced Design and Planning Professional (3-5 years)
We are seeking an experienced Design and Planning professional with 3-5 years of experience managing projects. Requirements include strong skills in planning and urban design, site design, and familiarity with construction observation; demonstrated ability in project management and business development; successful management of projects from conceptual design through completion of construction documents; proven experience producing drawings and specifications from the schematic stage through CD’s; self-motivated with the ability and desire to lead others in the design and construction documentation process; and the proven ability and desire to engage and retain clients as well as mentor less- experienced staff. Prior experience developing successful responses to RFPs is a plus. An undergraduate and/or graduate degree from an accredited landscape architecture and/or planning program is required. Candidates with a master’s degree or dual degrees in both landscape architecture and urban design, architecture or planning are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position is available in our Chicago, IL office.
In an effort to continue to be sensitive to the environment and to limit the use of precious resources, we request that applicants apply through our online employment application.
Design Workshop is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Landscape Architect/Project Manager Monterey, CA
Bernard Trainor + Associates is an award-winning landscape architecture studio based in Monterey, CA. We are a consistently published firm that has completed many significant custom residential projects in California. Our work celebrates the uniqueness and diversity of each client and place, maintaining a consistent focus on design excellence, thorough project management and superior service. Our process is rooted in collaboration, and team members are involved in projects from design conception to details, demanding dedicated engagement in the entire process. Visit www.bernardtrainor.com for an overview of our work.
We are seeking candidates for the position of Landscape Architect/Project Manager to join our growing team. We are looking for creative designers who are passionate about their work, organized, and responsive to a collaborative design environment. Strong leadership and communication skills are essential to success in this position.
Please email resume, cover letter, and portfolio/samples of relevant work in PDF format (up to 25MB, link to download if larger) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Landscape Architect/Project Manager” in subject line. No phone calls please.
• Lead landscape design projects from conceptual design through construction administration, including management of sub-consultants and production staff
• Assume responsibility (with support) for the production, organization, coordination, and accuracy of all documents and presentation documents
• Lead multiple projects in various stages of development simultaneously and work cooperatively with the principal team to ensure design integrity and graphic consistency.
• Communicate with and coordinate the efforts of project team members, clients, consultants, contractors and agency officials
• Manage project schedule, workflow, and anticipate required staff resources and delegate accordingly
• Work with the project team to produce presentation materials for client and agency presentations
• Research and specify materials, products and systems
• Attend job-site meetings, issue supplemental instructions, review submittals and shop drawings during the Construction Administration phase
• Coach and mentor junior staff, share experiences and lessons learned to increase the firm’s common knowledge
• A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Landscape Architecture or Architecture
• Prefer a Licensed Landscape Architect (California license preferred but not required)
• Minimum of 5 years of post-graduate related professional experience including project management, design and detailing experience with an accomplished firm
This is a full time position – Salary will be based on experience. We offer paid vacation, health insurance, and participation in a retirement (401k) plan.
The individual shall be U.S. Citizen (or have a long-term work visa or green card).
Landscape Architect (Multiple) Phoenix, AZ
SmithGroupJJR is an international idea-oriented design firm that is committed to creating inspiring places that enrich the human spirit. We believe that extraordinary projects are created when the design process is based on the principles of exploration, experimentation, innovation, sustainability, research, and collaboration. Our expertise in providing thoughtful and innovative solutions keeps SmithGroupJJR at the forefront of architectural, engineering and planning firms around the world. According to the 2016 Building Design + Construction magazine “Giants” ranking, SmithGroupJJR is the 6th largest architecture/engineering firm in the U.S.
The Phoenix office of SmithGroupJJR is looking for an experienced Landscape Architect to join our team.
Working with us, you will:
• Independently provide the full range of landscape architectural services on small to medium sized projects.
• Prepare, coordinate, and complete construction documents including cost estimates.
• Prepare, develop, and edit specifications.
• Evaluate, select, and approve materials and products.
• Lead day to day construction administration activities including coordination with the clients, consultants, and sub-consultants to maintain project progress.
• Create and develop planning and design concepts for more complex projects.
• Oversee design work of others to ensure an integrated and cohesive design.
An ideal candidate:
• Is able to organize and lead team meetings involving consultants and/or owners.
• Can establish and execute a project work plan.
• Provides oversight and monitoring of the work performed by junior staff.
• Demonstrates effectiveness in working in a team setting, communicating with others, customer satisfaction, and technical competence.
• Contributes proactively to the project team.
• Is proficient with technical detailing.
• Has strong graphic and verbal communication skills.
• Possesses the ability to understand and communicate with professionals of other disciplines.
• Is proficient in current design software including Civil 3D, SketchUp - VRay, GIS, Adobe Suite, Lumion as well as Microsoft Office.
• Has a minimum 5 years of experience.
• Takes an active role in a local professional association.
• Possesses a Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture.
• Is a registered Landscape Architect. LEED AP preferred.
SmithGroupJJR offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We offer 3 weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, with the option of purchasing additional time off, and pay for 8 federal holidays. We also offer an alternative work schedule that provides employees with an additional 15 days off per year (usually Fridays) to help with work/life balance.
Interested in joining us? Get started today by applying on our Careers site or by sending your resume, cover letter and a sample of your work to email@example.com.
LANDSCAPE DESIGNER/ARCHITECT (Multiple) Portland, OR
PLACE is seeking talented Landscape Design professional(s) to lead and support the creative process for a wide variety of projects.
These positions require a degree in landscape architecture, preferably a professional registration, CAD proficiency, effective Project Management experience, and compelling graphic skills. A strong working experience with 3ds Max, VRay, Photoshop, Revit, and Rhino. The ideal candidate will possess 7+ years of relevant experience, strong communication and presentation skills with an outstanding dedication to client service. Active community and professional organizations involvement, speaking engagements, and an enthusiastic participation in social media/PR contributions are desirable.
PLACE is a design studio committed to creative landscape architecture, planning, art and urban design, in a collaborative atmosphere, the foundation of our philosophy. Our journey continues to represent a stewardship of the natural world advancing bold ideas, vanguard concepts, and memorable experiences of timeless craft. Reflected in our partnerships worldwide is a dedication to design excellence and innovative ecological practices, from intimate landscapes to large scale urban development and master planning efforts. PLACE unequivocally represents a creative culture where a desire for fulfilling our distinctive lifestyles honors lasting relationships.
If interested in applying, please send by 12.20.16. resume and a representative sampling of your design portfolio to:
Subject: PLACE - Careers
735 NW 18th Avenue
Portland, OR 97209 www.place.la
PLACE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Landscape Architect/Project Manager Wainscott, NY
• 3-5 years experience working as a Project Manager for a wide range of residential and/or commercial projects.
• Computer Skills: AutoCAD, Mircosoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp or other 3D software (We are a Mac based office).
• Experience with all aspects of Landscape Design Services from Schematic Design and Presentations through Construction Observation.
• Experience preparing Construction Documents & Specifications.
• Knowledge and Experience preparing RFPs and Budgets.
• Excellent plant knowledge of the Northeast Region.
• A strong familiarity and understanding of Construction Practices, Building Methods, Sequences, and Codes.
• Rooftop and Green Roof Experience would be welcomed.
• Ability to coordinate Multiple Projects and Deadlines.
• Responsible, hard working, self-motivated, and detail oriented.
• Because we have a lot of interaction with our Clients, Consultants and Architects a professional friendly demeanor, as well as excellent verbal and written skills are a must.
• A great Design Aesthetic.
• A love for the outdoors. We are very hands on with Garden Installations and love being outdoors and on site. Some physical work of loading, unloading, and placing small plant material may be required.
• Some Travel is required so you will need your own vehicle. Any site visits are only daily and most likely begin from the office. Mileage is reimbursed
Landscape Designer Wainscott, NY
Position will involve all aspects of high-end residential design-build process working alongside the principal and other members of our team. This position is perfect for someone looking to grow within a small established company handling a diverse array of projects in the immediate area and beyond.
Design/Architecture degree or equivalent is a requirement.N.B. existing US immigration status required.
Other valuable skillsets:
- CAD and other computer skills imperative (Vectorworks preferred).
- Self-motivation, passion for design and creativity, problem solving and logistics.
- The ability to work alone or within a team.
- Familiarity with the landscape development process.
- Communication skills for interaction with clients to subs on site.
- Physical ability to contribute to site layout and supervision.
Salary and benefits based on candidate qualification. Full time, Part-time and internships considered.
HED, a multi-discipline Firm with national reputation, is looking for an experienced landscape architect/designer to join our Detroit area office.
The Landscape Architect/Designer will work directly with Senior Landscape Architects, Architectural Designers and Engineers on complex projects ranging from planning level studies to detail design. The ideal candidate must be a self-motivated individual who is willing to take on responsibility and respond to challenges on a daily basis. The ideal candidate will also have a passion for every aspect of landscape architecture and enjoy working in a fun and collaborative studio environment.
Responsible for the design and technical systems for large, complex projects from concept through construction administration.
• Responsible for site system concepts and documentation process from schematics through construction administration phases within the discipline.
• Prepare and document required code research for project.
• Conduct material and product research as required for project development.
• Attend project meetings as necessary.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
• MLA, BLA or BSLA required.
• Five to seven years of experience in a professional office.
• Excellent 3D and 2D design skills with proven proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Rhino and SketchUp.
• Excellent communication skills, including graphic proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
• Ability to creatively problem solve and deliver clear concepts to colleagues and project managers.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced creative environment with tight deadlines.
• Collaborative and team-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong work discipline with exceptional self-management skills.
• Responsible, hard-working, and self-motivated.
• A strong desire to learn and become proficient in all aspects of landscape architecture.
• Capable of traveling to and from project sites for attending client, project and construction meetings.
• Ability to access existing and new project sites for observation, investigation and evaluation purposes.
• Ability to use equipment for communication and documentation purposes.
• Visual acuity to perform responsibilities.
Small, multifaceted Landscape architectural firm looking for a designer on licensure track with 2 to 3 years experience. Small, multifaceted Landscape architectural firm looking for a designer on licensure track with 2 to 3 years experience.
Applicant should be skilled in CADD, photoshop, MS word / Excel, Sketch-up and other digital applications.
Small, multifaceted Landscape architectural firm looking for a designer on licensure track with 2 to 3 years experience. Applicant should be skilled in CADD, photoshop, MS word / Excel, Sketch-up and other digital applications.
Trump promises a lot of deregulation, a lot of infrastructure building, jobs, economic growth, and, he's an experienced developer... so how do you think his presidency will impact our profession? Will we see more projects coming in? Less red tape?…Continue
Application Deadline: January 30, 2017 I-Park, dedicated to nurturing artists and the creative process, is pleased to announce that it is accepting applications for the 2017 General Residency Program season. Artists working in the following…Continue
Application Deadline: January 30, 2017 I-Park, dedicated to nurturing artists and the creative process, is pleased to announce that it is accepting applications for the 2017 General Residency Program season. Artists working in the following…Continue
I've put up a couple of discussions in the past regarding tools and methods for site measuring to supplement a survey or for a small project. Back in November I saw the video below and decided to buy the Disto S910 because of its ability to export a…Continue