100 lessons learned from studying landscape architecture

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION 100 lessons learned from studying landscape architecture

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Leslie B Wagle
    Participant

Add some of your own or replace points (I hope diet soda will substitute for the coffee):

http://designingthelandscape.com/2012/08/25/100-lessons-learned-from-studying-landscape-architecture/

And we need another version for “learned from practicing landscape architecture”! My suggestions: Don’t expect work to just flow towards you, and do expect an occasional client not to pay (on time or at all).

Roland Beinert
    Participant

I would add “Trying to work at home is a bad idea. Get it done in Studio.” Also, I would amend “Drink coffee.” to read “Drink lots of coffee.”, a rule that applies to practicing landscape architecture, as well.

Jason T. Radice
    Participant

I would add two things:

Before you leave for the day, lock up all of your tools, including pens, pencils, and especially trace and scales, if you can. Or just take them home with you. Otherwise, IT WILL BE TAKEN.

Free food makes for a happy studio. Donuts and/or bagels are particularly appreciated.

Steve Martino
    Participant

I’m working on a talk about garden design for the upcoming ASLA convention. part of my talk is “lessons you didn’t learn in school”, one is: landscaping is a situation where you can spend an enormous amount of money and when your done you still can have all the problems you started with….it’s often just eyewash.

Joe Clancy
    Participant

Thanks for sharing the post and for the input, i’ll be sure to keep them in mind for my future posts!

Greatly appreciated!

Leslie B Wagle
    Participant

Well it was a change of pace and creative….hope not infringing on copyrights 🙂

Joe Clancy
    Participant

Haha, not at all, glad to see it getting shared

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register