3D Software suggestions?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Alan Ray, RLA
    Participant

I would like to draw all my construction details in  3D.

I currently have AutoCad and BricsCad and both have 3D modeling….are these programs as good as it gets or is there easier to use software for 3D???

I appreciate your response…..

ida
    Participant

Rhino 3d is a great cad-based 3d modeling program. http://www.rhino3d.com/features.htm

Firman B
    Participant

I think the Sketchup from google is the best one for me to make a detail construction specially for the Hardscape. Also with a bundled progam called Lay Out you can organized the detail drawings easily from one source 3d sketchup file. And you can export it into dwg files.

Márton Jancsó
    Participant

I think sketchup is one of the easiest 3d software to learn. you can do the modelling in it really quick, and than if you want more photorealistic look you can trasport the whole stuff into a more expert program such as 3d studio max. i suggest vray for the rendering, it can go with 3ds max and sketchup too.

but if you need something just to do the modelling quickly, i would choose sketchup. 

the choice mainly depends on how much time are you willing to spend on learning. the more popular software the more help-tutorials on the internet, which can help a lot.

Steve Mercer
    Participant

sketuchUP, sketchUP…SKETCHUP!

s.

Jason Granado
    Participant

I am using rhino 3d its a great software and easy to use, if you now how to use autocad  you can use rhino.

Robert Anderson
    Participant

Alan,

These other packages are great but have you considered Vectoworks Landmark? I’ve been using it for over a year and the 3D modeling, grading and Landscape are far superior to Autodesk’s solution for a fraction of the price.

Alan Ray, RLA
    Participant

thanks Robert and all Ya’ll….

I appreciate your advice. I’ll check all these suggestions out….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register