Anyone have experience with pavers that dont get hot?

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums DETAILS & MATERIALS Anyone have experience with pavers that dont get hot?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Eric Galvin
    Participant

I have a client who wants pavers for their driveway and patio and they want them to be cool on the feet. They have used Kool Deck coating before, but it starts to crack and fall off the concrete after a number of years. Right now i am suggesting light colored travertine, as i heard they stay fairly cool.

Dave McCorquodale
    Participant

Travertine would be at or near the top of my list…

Andrew Garulay, RLA
    Participant

There are light colored granite colors much more available in the last few years. I have not seen travertine used in a driveway situation, so I don’t know how well it will hold up.

Liz Duer
    Participant

Natural stone is the best for not retaining heat, travertine, or light colored limestone are good options…though for driveways those get expensive.

Gregg Spadaro
    Participant

Take a look at tumbled marble. It sounds expensive but it is in line with the cost of travertine. I have used around pool decks but never for driveway applications. Depending on location/climate, soil conditions, and vehicular load I would suspect you would need a hefty concrete base. http://www.Marmiro.com is my local source.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register