Anyone know how to place a 2004 dwg file into InDesign CS4?

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Anyone know how to place a 2004 dwg file into InDesign CS4?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jay Smith
    Participant

I’ve tried placing the file into InDesign as both EPS and PDF files, but the drawing ends up looking very choppy and of poor quality. Does anyone know how to do this so that you successfully maintain the crisp lines. I’m not even concerned with line width, I just want straight legible lines. Thanks.

A PDF should work fine. Does the “choppy” / “poor quality” refer to what you see on screen or what is printed? If it is how it looks on-screen, you can improve its “quality” by changing the “Display Performance”…

View > Display Performance > High Quality Display (Alt + Ctrl + H)

If the final print is not that good, it may be the quality of the PDF that is dragging things down.

Jay Smith
    Participant

Thanks Castillo, you’re the man. That did the trick. It wasn’t viewing properly, but it looks perfect now. I’m learning my way around InDesign. I just downloaded the trial version a couple of days ago, seems like a great program. I’m making a new portfolio with it.

Glad to have helped.

InDesign is a great program and it’s quite robust. Have used it for portfolio pieces & design guidelines @ my office as well as newsletters and flyers for my State Chapter ASLA.

Good luck!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register