Architecture Thesis Research Query

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Architecture Thesis Research Query

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Amber Lake
    Participant

About:

My name is Amber Lake and I am first a landscape architect.  I love the landscape and how people interact with the designed environment.  Recently, I have began to follow the new landscape urbanist movement which (along with the consequences of our beloved recession) has inspired me to broaden my perspective.  That decision led me to pursue an MArch at the NewSchool of Architecture & Design in sunny San Diego.  I am currently researching my thesis that focuses on our nomadic tendencies and how that can affect our communities.

Thesis Synopsis:

Through mobility, a new marketplace and workplace may emerge that is adoptable to economic fluctuations and connected globally through online networks.  This could lead to the development of a constantly changing civic hub and promote the continuous exchange of culture and ideas.  In other words, consider the ancient Greek Agora (marketplace) meeting the online marketplace of today (such as etsy, ebay or amazon) that could rehabilitate neighborhoods struggling during our recession.

Query:

Two quick online surveys have been developed that abstractly inquires about perceptions of private, public and semi private spaces that range from community activity, physical place and digital space.  The background of my thesis has been intentionally omitted to encourage unexpected responses and perceptions.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3RFRT9F  (8 questions)

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/G2R7F8M  (9 questions)

Thank You:

I appreciate your time, interest and participation with the surveys.  If you are interested in participating further with an idea prompt response kit, please contact me.  Thanks again!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register