archlandscapes.com

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Oruchimaru
    Participant

Hello to all. A few of us from the Landscape Architecture and Architecture field have started a website called
    http://www.archlandscapes.com
    Our goal is to bring the ideas of these two fields together in a visual database. To create an online Book so to speak of these fields and their work. To create a place to gather inspiration and ideas from in one place without having to scour the net in waste less amounts of time. It is also a major goal of ours to bring Landscape Architecture knowledge to the forefront in the same way Architecture is. Please help us with suggestions to help make this site the best possible for people in our field.
    Thank you
    archlandscapes team.

nca
    Participant

Nice Site!

I like what you all are doing very much and the collaborative concept. It looks like someone on your team is really into daniel liebeskind. Something about him/his work rubs me the wrong way. Maybe it is because his art museum here is in a perpetual state of disrepair and leaks water. I’m jst not into his work, but that’s another topic.

Overall, I like the site and imagery in the galleries. Keep up the good work and I’ll add to my favorites.

Oruchimaru
    Participant

That is great to hear. We specifically added all of the Libeskind content today because of how controversial his stuff is. On his TED talk people seriously bash him every which way. However his Jewish Museum is absolutely incredible. So we chose to showcase the various sides of him to give the best light into the Architect and his work. Please share anyways in which the site might be improved, stuff you like, or stuff you might like to see.
    Thanks again
    Archlandscapes team

Jim Del Carpio
    Participant

Ditto on Nick’s comments, although I’m not as critical on Liebskind imagery. The only other comment I make is that it’s kinda has architectural-kinetic bent to overall website, as opposed to an organic, weaving, mysterious sense I like to see when I visit a website.

Oruchimaru
    Participant

Thank you so much for the feedback. We know exactly what you mean. Yet, in order for us to achieve the visual “book” kind of feel, we had to structure it as such. So that each post links to referenced “tagged” posts and you can access the galleries with ease. If you have any specific suggestions as to how to make it more appealing please let us know. We understand completely and appreciate you comment.
    Archlandscapes Team

Oruchimaru
    Participant

One more thing Mr. Aceto. We alternate every day with Architecture and then Landscape Architecture for the featured firms.
    Archlandscapes team

nca
    Participant

Believe it or not, somehow I actually know what you mean Jim and agree. The best I can come up with is it’s kind of ‘tight,’ but in some ways I like it how it is.

Overall, I think it looks great and you’ve certainly got some good content.. Have you posted a link over on Archinect as well?

Oruchimaru
    Participant

Are you referring to a forum post such as this? If that is the case, we have not and think it is a great suggestion. If you refer to something else please let us know. Once again thank you very much. It is all appreciated.
    Archlandscapes Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register