AutoCAD Technical Question

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    kathleen sakal
    Participant

Help Please!  I received a CAD file from an engineering company and need to design a landscape plan.  Even though line widths are set to default and widths in the properties box are set to ‘By Layer’, every line I draw is .80 wide.  How to I fix this problem?  Thanks for any help you can offer.

Andrew Garulay, RLA
    Participant

On the lower right of your screen you should have buttons … “snap, grid. ortho, osnap, dyn, lwt, …”. “LWT” activates or de-activates “lineweights”. If you “right click” you will be offered a settings option. Click on that and there is the lineweight AND a box to check or uncheck called “display settings”. I’m unsure if this is the problem or not, but it is ONE place that it could be. Just de-activating that “LWT” should be enough.

Are you drawing lines or polylines?. The polylines may have a width set to them. If that is the case, all you need to do is activate your polyline command, click to begin your polyline, type “w” enter and it will display what your polyline width is. Change it to zero.

kathleen sakal
    Participant

Thanks very much.  The second suggestion solved the problem.  I did not realize that the width would stay fixed at the last setting used by the person who created the file.  Now I can get to work.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register