burial at sea..

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    mauiBob
    Participant

Okay…so does this mean gas prices will drop? And is America going to stop spending trillions of $$$ for military bases across the world?

Chupacabra
    Participant

Of course not.  It just means now we can focus on Libya a bit more.

Jason T. Radice
    Participant

I like the idea of the interactive part…like being able to throw shoes at the face.

David J. Chirico
    Participant

A memorial would be for someone to pay respect to the person buried there, to commemorate or honor them.

No one wanted his body! Not a single country.  The entire world didn’t want him.  It would be the least visited memorial ever.

Which is why they buried him at sea, they had nowhere to put him.  I’m glad they respected his religion and disposed of the body as customary.  I would not want it to be said that the USA did not do the right thing and justice was not served.

Andrew Garulay, RLA
    Participant

I did not realize that DNA testing could be done so quickly. I thought it took weeks for some reason.

Trace One
    Participant

I agree (this is a first!) with Andrew G., I thought DNA testing took weeks, and David, it was only in accordance with muslim law in that it was done within 24 hours – the sea burial has nothing to do with Islam at all..they are pissed off..

why not cremate him and scatter the ashes, as they apparently did for Nuremburg war criminals..

itis just odd..And the description is, they put him on a board, and pushed him out of the helicopter..

I think you can have a memorial to evil, or a depiction of evil (put it that way) that is valid in our culture..it does not need to be a memorial, just a symbol of evil..

mauiBob
    Participant

It was a joke. Prices will continue to increase because Oil companies are loving the amount of profit. After Libya, then what? Throw billions of $$$ at Iran, Yemen, Omar? Sudan, Niger and many other places also have ruthless dictators. When is it enough already?

mauiBob
    Participant

Pakistan wanted him and kept him in that luxury estate. Not the living in a cave we thought of the last 10 years. I think there’s a lot more people out there who follow him than you think.

Ryan A. Waggoner
    Participant

great point…

mauiBob
    Participant

How do we know for certain that his body was dumped out at sea? You actually trust the Govt? What if…if they kept the body and are now transporting it to Area 51 in the Nevada desert. Who knows.The Bin Laden estate could’ve used some good landscaping.

Can the Govt now stop sending billions of $$$ to aid Pakistan? How do you send all that money and when we needed the Pakistan Govt the most, we couldn’t trust them and had to do the operation in secrecy. Makes no sense.

mauiBob
    Participant

DNA takes weeks when its not really a top priority or if the workers are union members. I think this event was very high to get it done! They were aboard a military ship, so they had all the necessary equipment.

David J. Chirico
    Participant

I am sure many faiths disapprove of cremation, Islam being one of them.  Being the clock was ticking on the 24 hour timeframe, and no country would take him, and the volatility of having the body buried in your country, seems to make the burial at sea the best option.

Rob Halpern
    Participant

For anyone interested in the burial at sea thing, this offers some interesting perspectives:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-13261680

Trace One
    Participant

Thanks, Rob, that is interesting – I geuss cremation could also be chosen, to avoid the shrine problem, but that option was possibly not available so quickly..

Thomas J. Johnson
    Participant

Did they chum the water first?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register